Resetting connection to towers
Sugiyama

I am curious to know what the code is that you dial-in to for redirecting your device to the local area towers.  Back in the day, it was recommended when on travel to dial-in a code to set your device to the local area towers, is this activity still recommended?

btw.  *228 doesn't seem to work?

0 Likes
Re: Resetting connection to towers
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the DROID X, it is still *228, option 2 to update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
baz1234

This is news to me.  Why didn't customer service suggest this to me? I am new to Verizon - 3 days.  We have a family plan with three phones.  When we got home, the one phone couldn't hold a call AT ALL.  Every signal incoming call was dropped.  My phone loses about 90% of calls.  Our previous service, Sprint, worked in this house.  Verizon's solution was for me to spend an additional $200 to get a signal booster.  I'll go back to Sprint.  I only switched because my son's coverage was not great.  Sprint gave him a signal booster for free. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

baz1234 wrote:

This is news to me.  Why didn't customer service suggest this to me? I am new to Verizon - 3 days.  We have a family plan with three phones.  When we got home, the one phone couldn't hold a call AT ALL.  Every signal incoming call was dropped.  My phone loses about 90% of calls.  Our previous service, Sprint, worked in this house.  Verizon's solution was for me to spend an additional $200 to get a signal booster.  I'll go back to Sprint.  I only switched because my son's coverage was not great.  Sprint gave him a signal booster for free. 

New phones especially if they are 4G LTE devices don't dial any specific number to update your roaming list. Rebooting the phone forces the SIM card to reset its own connection with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.