Ringtones bought from Verizon won't save
milliex2

I'm getting wicked frustrated!  I just received a replacement Droid X and bought a couple ringtones from the verizon store.  I got the text with the tones attached, but when I try to save them I get "Error saving attachment" message.  SO annoyed.  Anyone have any sussestions that don't involve a hammer?  Lol!

0 Likes
Re: Ringtones bought from Verizon won't save
Wildman
Legend

Are you using this method??

1. Go to Text Messages view, threader veiw that shows the music note pic when its not opened.

2. Press and hold on Pic

3. Select Save from the list

4. Now the ringer should be saved in SD/Messages folder

5. Then you can copy file to SD Card/Media/Audio/Ringtones and you can then access the ringers through the stock menu.

Let me know if this works for you, I just sent myself one to double check..

Another thing to concider was posted by MikeS_VZW at http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/ringtones/td-p/625546

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's strange that you didn't get a text message.  There are several things that could be the cause of this.  Do you have text blocked on your account?  Are you sure you purchased a ringtone through www.vzw.com ? Some people choose the cheaper options in the list and end up with a ringback tone or an mp3 file.  Are you sure you picked ringtone when you purchased it?  That's generally the #1 or #2 culprits.

Please provide as much detail as possible so we can help you get your ringtone.

Thanks,

MikeS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 Likes
milliex2

Hi!  Yes that is exactly what I've done.  I get the message "error saving attachment" with the option to touch "ok".  Or in another screen where I tried to save it, I get the choices Open Message, Delete Message, Play Audio, Save Audio, Protect Message or View Message Details.  I choose Save Audio and and again get error saving attachment.  I really don't see what else to  

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you checked to make sure you requested for a ringer and not a other format like Mike reported in the post I gave you?

0 Likes
milliex2

Yes I did.  Definitely a ringtone.  $2.99.  Ugh!

0 Likes
DieAnne
Why dont you just go to the market and download an app like Zedge? You can get all kinds of ringtones for free.
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I agree .. there are so many FREE ringtones and Ringtone APPS ...  RingDroid is another one.  You can also make your own from an MP3 file.

0 Likes
madilyng

I have the EXACT same problem.  Same phone, same error message.  I tried both ways as well, still no go.  Did you ever figure it out?

Thanks!  😃

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your responses and suggestions. I appreciate your help.

@madilyng,

I'm always adding new ring tones to my phone and know how important it is to be able to personalize your phones with ring tones and other features. I'm sorry you are having difficulties saving the ring tones purchased, but don't worry because I'm here to help.

How did you purchase the ring tone? Did you buy it from www.vzw.com? There is a known issue with ring tone purchased from www.vzw.com for this device where it is not allowing you to save them on the device. We are working diligently to resolve. At this time what you need to do is download the VCast Tones application on your phone and purchase the ring tone using this application. This will allow you to save the ring tone once purchased. 

If you are still unable to save the ring tone to your phone once purchased using VCast Tones please post back and I will be more than happy to further assist you. 

0 Likes
madilyng

I purchased from VZW Media Store Version 1.3.  I received a text message for the two ringtones purchased.  Both texts say, "[Subject: Congratulations!"  You have successfully purchased your Verizon Wireless ringtone.]"  Each has a small speaker and when I click the message it opens and plays the file just fine.  When I long hold on either the message or pull up the menu on the file playing and choose to save the audio I get the error message "Error Saving Attachment" or "Error Saving!  The attachment failed to save.  Please re-try saving."

I've been at this since December 13th.  What are my options?

0 Likes