SD Card Class Rating
Ryan3406

I am looking to get a new micro SD card. I found a good deal for a 16 gb card for $18 (after a $25 rebate) but it seems like it is a class 2. I tried to look in the user guide to see if it suggest's a class 'x' or greater but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone one know if this would be OK to use or should I look for a higher class? I will just use it for Music, Podcasts, Apps, and Video. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SD Card Class Rating
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
If your running lots of media and games from a SD card you want a higher class. I got a 16 class 6 from newegg.com for cheap. Class 2 is good for normal use. I'm personally holding out for 32 cards to drop in price a little.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i have an 8 gig class 2 and it works just fine. to be honest, i don't know what the higher classes indicate. i'm sure they are better quality, but what does that mean? more stable? better audio? better picture quality? i have no idea what the higher class indicates....lol. all i know id that my class 2, 8 gig seems to work just fine.

0 Likes
Wickiup

I have a 16GB, class 2 and it works great. I believe the higher the class, the faster the card reads and/or writes. I'm never in that much of a hurry so class 2 is fine with me.  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
If your running lots of media and games from a SD card you want a higher class. I got a 16 class 6 from newegg.com for cheap. Class 2 is good for normal use. I'm personally holding out for 32 cards to drop in price a little.
0 Likes