SD card not being recognized
ecamar

I have the Samsung charge and suddenly I have an error message stating that SD card blank or has unsupported file system.  I've had this card since I bought my phone.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SD card not being recognized
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Ecamar, 

How frustrating to get that error message on your phone! I have researched this for you and I am showing that the issue you describe is being lifted to the Samsung product management team for review. This issue is happening on a handful of handsets, so the team does need to review the details. For this reason, I do not have a date to provide you with as to when a fix will be in place. We are waiting on the team at Samsung to get back to us with any information. 

In the meantime, pulling the battery from the back of the phone does seem to be a temporary fix.  You would simply remove the battery and wait approximately 30-60 seconds. Once this time has passed, re-attach the battery and power on. 

I hope this information is helpful and thank you for your posting!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Ecamar, 

How frustrating to get that error message on your phone! I have researched this for you and I am showing that the issue you describe is being lifted to the Samsung product management team for review. This issue is happening on a handful of handsets, so the team does need to review the details. For this reason, I do not have a date to provide you with as to when a fix will be in place. We are waiting on the team at Samsung to get back to us with any information. 

In the meantime, pulling the battery from the back of the phone does seem to be a temporary fix.  You would simply remove the battery and wait approximately 30-60 seconds. Once this time has passed, re-attach the battery and power on. 

I hope this information is helpful and thank you for your posting!

0 Likes
Legomaniacj

I am having the same problem now, I got my phone a month ago. I have photos on the SD card that I need and today when I powered it on and was about to transfer the photos it was saying "damaged SD card" I tried connecting it to my computer with an adaptor first and the card wouldn't even show up on the computer. I tried it in my dad's phone and I guess his (a sprint phone similar to the Vortex) it made his phone freeze up.

it was a 32GB SD card, and now in my phone it says "blank SD card" I read in another post that if it doesn't work in the computer or the phone that the SD card is flawed and I need a new one, I got this one with the phone. However, I tried another SD card of mine in the phone 4GB from my old phone and that one didn't work either. I have the Droid Charge and this is the first problem I have encountered and I just want to scream right now.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Legomaniacj,

I know this is a neat feature and I would like to assist if you have not been successful at this point.  That was a great troubleshooting step to try a different SD card.  Along with the battery pull Christina advised above I would also suggest removing the SD card for a few seconds and reinserting in conjunction with the power cycle in between.  I would like to clarify a few things as well.  Do the pictures show on your device with the SD card inserted?  Have you successfully transferred any pictures with this device before this point?  Are you able to try a different computer as well just to make sure it has nothing to do with that particular PC?  Please make sure Menu>Notifications>USB Connection>USB Mass Storage is chosen after the device is connected to the PC via USB cable.  Also check USB Debugging by navigating to Settings>Application>Development.  If you are using Windows XP try to uncheck USB debugging as well.  If you try these items and another PC and it seems the common denominator is the device I would try to complete a factory reset under Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset>Reset Phone>Erase Everything.  Please keep in mind this will erase everything so back up prior if desired.  Please advise me of results and above information if additional assistance is needed.  Thank you.    

0 Likes
HawaiiJudy

The exact same thing happened to me over the past 15 hours.... says unsupported files, and tried taking out battery, and card, and hard start, and nothing.. I know there are 85 pics on my SD card... dont want to loose them.... Help!

0 Likes
HawaiiJudy

I pulled the sd card and put it in my old phone and the card reads the same... unsupported files on SD card.... ideas anyone?

0 Likes