Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMS and MMS issues
burge98

I have a Droid 3 that I have had for three months. About two months ago, I could no longer send or receive pictures in texts. I called customer service and had to do a factory reset on the phone. Now, when I receive SMS, they don't automatically download nor do my notifications tell me I have a picture. I have to tap "download" or "reject" to get the message.

I also get no notifications and must download or reject any messages sent to me, as part of a group message.

I use the stock text messaging app. Any help would be much appreciated, this is SO frustrating! I often miss messages for several hours because there was no alert sound or notification of any kind that these messages were waiting to be downloaded. Thanks for reading. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: SMS and MMS issues
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello burge98,

The Droid 3 is an excellent device! I'm a fan of devices with QWERTY keyboards and the Droid 3 has one of the most comfortable keyboards on the market. Since text messaging is my primary means of communication, I can certainly understand the value in getting your notification. Below are a few steps to resolve the two issues that you are having on your Droid 3.

• Auto-retrieve MMS

Launch the text message inbox > Menu button > messaging settings > Check the option "Auto-Retrieve".

• Notification Setting

Launch the text message inbox > Menu button > messaging settings > Check the option "Notifications"

Once you have updated the settings above, feel free to post your findings after testing the device. If you still need additional assistance then I am here to help!

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: SMS and MMS issues
burge98

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, that didn't help as I had both of them already checked. The problem is not with ALL texts, just pictures and messages sent to me as part of a group. I was sent a a vcard today and there was no notification, no alert, nothing - I would have totally missed it had I not opened the messaging inbox to send a message. The problem occurs when I am sent texts from other networks and with VZW.

0 Likes