Screen orientation issue
dugans
I just got a Droid to replace my old phone today and for the most part I am happy with it. I HAVE found one problem though: the screen orientation is not changing when I turn the phone on its side on the home screens. The orientation DOES change when I open the keyboard, and it works in applications. I have checked/un-checked the Auto Screen Orientation setting, rebooted the phone and tried removing some of the apps that I had most recently tested, all to no avail. Is there a fix for this? Worst case, are there any apps or replacement home screens I can install that will fix this? Thanks for any help.
0 Likes
Re: Screen orientation issue
CJR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you do Main Menu>>Sounds & Display>>>Orientation and click on the square for the green arrow check to appear?

0 Likes
Laytimator

This question has come up many times, including a thread created by me.  The home screen does not flip unless you get an Open Home app.

0 Likes
starfillybaby

Mine flipped right out of the box, no programs need or affected it. It does however flip only when turned to the left (like you were opening the keyboard, nothing hapeens when flipping to the right.

0 Likes