Since OTA update - Low disc space!
kateb6886
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone know how to get rid of this error message?  After the update, not only have apps been lost, butt now I keep getting this error message and I can't sync email because of it.  I've unmounted the SD card (twice now), rebooted, removed the battery and rebooted...  Anyone have ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Since OTA update - Low disc space!
kateb6886
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.  I ended up restoring the factory settings and starting over.  Everything seems to be fine and I think I have restored most of the applications  I had previously downloaded.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
y2kflhr
Enthusiast - Level 2

go to settings-applications-delete cache for messages, email, facebook

if you need a message backed up save it first!!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

What does you avalible storage space says under Settings / SD and Phone Storage / Internal Storage?

0 Likes
kateb6886
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that and the cache was empty - I have a cache cleaner installed...  Thanks for the suggestion, though!

0 Likes
kateb6886
Enthusiast - Level 2

SD card only has 1.44 GB (I went through last night and deleted a bunch of photos and mp3 files), Internal storage is 5.76 GB available and phone memory has 506 MB (out of 748 MB).

0 Likes
marcracc

kateb6886 wrote:

Anyone know how to get rid of this error message?  After the update, not only have apps been lost, butt now I keep getting this error message and I can't sync email because of it.  I've unmounted the SD card (twice now), rebooted, removed the battery and rebooted...  Anyone have ideas?

Thanks!

This is an old, known issue that I thought was to be corrected. Guess not... The only solution I've ever had is to delete cache's from all sorts of stuff. I found that clearing contact storage works the best. Just make sure you have them all in Google Contacts or run backup assistant first...

0 Likes
kateb6886
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.  I ended up restoring the factory settings and starting over.  Everything seems to be fine and I think I have restored most of the applications  I had previously downloaded.

0 Likes
icyhot5

from my experience, clearing Facebook data always resolves this issue. There's very limited "application" space configured by Android (like 20mb) and Facebook eventually takes up the bulk of it. Other apps barely use any of this allocation.

0 Likes
ikymojoe

Deleting the cache on these apps does not solve the problem. Additionally, on mine, the system update will not finish installing due to the low disc space message/warning. Finally, some apps such as my yahoo mail or google internet will not always function, update or refresh due to this message. I have tried a soft and hard reset. None of the suggested above items truly solve the problem and this seems to be a software error. Google low disc space and ZDnet for more information.

Please help!

Ikymojoe:smileymad:

0 Likes
holey_bucket

I struggled with the EXACT same problems. I solved this by deleting my large text conversations. The notification has been gone ever since.

0 Likes