Sluggish phone
Tonnie
I've had my Incredible 2 for a month now and I love it. But the last week it has become increasingly sluggish and slow. I've restarted it and it helps for about 3 minutes, then it's sluggish again. When it gets sluggish the battery also runs down much quicker. I've also looked at 'running aps' and stopped most of them, but this doesn't seem to have helped at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sluggish phone
budone
Legend

Be sure to go into MENU,SETTINGS on the app.and.checkmark CPU time to see how long.each app uses the system. Also once you open the app, the pie graph in the upper left hand corner, does it stay below 20 for the most part?

Also my idle time is around 90%

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tonnie have you tried a * 228 send then 1 or see what PRL you have here's how Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software Info Scroll down to Bottom an it'll show your PRL write the PRL down on peice of paper. press your Home button an do the * 228 1 or you can do just the 2 to do a PRL update. try that an see if that helps.  let me no if that helps if not we'll get ahold of Budone an ask him. what can be done,

0 Likes
Tonnie
No, didn't help. The prl is 52297.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tonnie i sent a Pm to Budone an told him what your Dinc 2 is doing an he should be responding if he got my msg an is'nt to Busy .  an help you out.

0 Likes
Tonnie
Thank you.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Good Morning. You need to look and see what app/apps are hosing up your memory. From the main screen, MENU>SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS.

There are different sort options. Look at the list and click on each app to see which one is the memory hog. Force Close it and see it respose time improves. If not, try the next. etc.

Also I would download the following app.  System Panel.

Get the free version and on this program it will graph memory use and give much more detail as you look at each app.

Any other questions leave them here (and maybe a PM to remind me to come here  :smileyvery-happy: as I usually do not visit this section) and I will try to help ya out tonight when I get home.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thanks Budone for your help Sir And have a safe Trip to work or were your Going    Ra

0 Likes
budone
Legend

No problem DincX. I hope we hear back with feedback and questions.

0 Likes
Tonnie

OK, I tried that. It's still sluggish. I've stopped alost everything and it's still not helping.

The CPU info shows only 1-3% idle. Is that normal? shouldn't the idle time be more if nothing is running?

-Tonnie

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Be sure to go into MENU,SETTINGS on the app.and.checkmark CPU time to see how long.each app uses the system. Also once you open the app, the pie graph in the upper left hand corner, does it stay below 20 for the most part?

Also my idle time is around 90%
0 Likes