Sound keeps going out on Droid X
Awesoman

In the last few months I've noticed a problem with the sound going out on my phone after a period of time being on.  Typically this occurs after my phone has been on for most of the day.  During this time some of my other apps like YouTube and the camera start malfunctioning.  A hard reboot will correct this but this happens on a near daily basis.  My phone is currently up to date with the latest firmware.  Doing a little browsing I see other people are having similar problems with this.  Does anyone know of a fix for this? 

0 Likes
Re: Sound keeps going out on Droid X
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

I thought it was my Scramble with Friends app, but I am no longer so certain since other people are having the same issue.  Still I was told by Verizon that it was an app causing this.  I don't know anymore if I believe this since a co-worker has the same phone and hasn't had any apps downloaded in ages and even she is having this issue.

0 Likes
gnarlygato

yeah i have been having same problem with my droid, did verizon ever give you an answer as too why?

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

The only answer that I've gotten is that its my apps.

0 Likes
scudierij

I am having this same issue.Verizon did a reset on my phone and it did not work........ Thay also sent me a replacement phone saying it was a phone issue and the phone was under warrenty still.........  I am havinng the same issue with the new phone..... Verizon needs to figure out what is going on the the Droid X phones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
thx2249

I've had the exact same problem.  Phone is on all day, then for some reason none of the sounds on the phone work.  I did do a factory reset and it seemed like it fixed it.  I also thought it was scramble with friends and when I installed it, the phone went back to having the sound problems.  I'm going to uninstall scramble with friends and see if the problem goes away.

0 Likes
Mr_Grumbles

My wife and I both have Droid X phones and we both are having the sound issue as well. We never had the sound issue until Verizon forced out the last OTA patch. The sound problem showed up within days of that patch and has not gone away since.

We both have totally different apps installed. This sound issue has basically made our phones unusable. She can not retrieve voicemail as the sound will die after listening to the few seconds. I can no longer use my phone as an alarm clock since I never know if it will actually ring or not. We've both missed important messages and emails due to no sound on incoming alerts.

We're not eligible for upgrade for another 2 months and I swear from our perspective it appears they pushed this update specifically to force people into upgrading early so they can charge full price on the phones as well as get us off the unlimited data plans.

0 Likes