Sound on/off
kskistad

I'm new to the whole Droid experience so forgive me if the questions I ask seem lame.

How do I mute my phone for ALL sounds in a quick way?  Today at work I turned on my bluetooth headphones, like any other day, and then opened Pandora to listen to music.  But then I noticed the bluetooth icon hadn't appeared in the notification area, so I immediately knew what would happen- the music would soon come blaring out my speaker on the phone.  I quickly hit the home button (which I found out doesn't "stop" Pandora) and sure enough music started playing- loud.  I started pushing all the buttons on the phone, and none seemed to just "mute" the phone.  I also pulled up the settings and my sound was set to "off".  To me "off" means NO sound whatsoever- not just ringtones, notifications, etc.  Needless to say, I held in the power button, selected "Power Off" and what seemed like forever, finally the phone shut off and was silent.

I need to know if there is a "quick" way (i.e. not open an app, go into settings, choose "off", etc.) to turn off ALL sound from my phone?

In retrospect, I suppose I could have held the volume down button until the music faded away, but that for some reason didn't occur to me because I was trying to find the "mute" button and assumed the volume down button just slowly faded the sound to mute and wanted something quicker.  I also could have opened up Pandora again and hit Stop but again, I thought there would be a mute button on the phone...

On a related note, how do I quickly end an App?  Or do I always have to go into the app first, go into settings, and looking for a "Quit" option?  Seems like a lot of steps if so, because if I have 20 apps open, this would be painful to quit them all.

0 Likes
Re: Sound on/off
Wildman
Legend

Try Audio Manager, it will allow you to have all volumes in one place: Also the Profile option is nice also.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/audiomanager-widget/com.smartandroidapps.audiowidget

screen.jpg+screen1.jpg

0 Likes
kskistad

Thanks.  I was hoping for native support :smileysad:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You may have a little bit of a issue, to stock volume controls appears to not silence all notifications and alerts in one setting.

0 Likes