Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Speakers and microphone won't work
Shnok

My speakers and microphone go out frequently on my Droid Mini, and more frequently when I am trying to talk to someone over the phone.  I've tried bluetooth and plug-in headsets.  Sometimes I can fix it by removing and reinserting the SIM card, followed by shutting down and restarting it.  But if that does work, it usually only fixes the main speaker.  I want to do anything I can before I do a factory reset.

0 Likes
Re: Speakers and microphone won't work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Shnok. I'm very sorry to hear about the audio issues on your Droid Mini. I'd like to help if. If you have not yet performed the factory reset, please share more information on this problem. You say that it happens during calls, and that a SIM card pull usually fixes it for a time. Do you notice this happen during other actions (such as watching a video or listening to a song)?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shnok

It happens with all audio on the phone no matter what it is. In fact no

audio or video will even act like it's playing. If it is the partial fix

where I'm able to hear using the speakerphone, I am able to hear all other

audio on the phone, including videos and music. I did notice that if I am

using the Bluetooth to use during a phone call, I will hear the connection

tone it normally gives when it connects with the phone, but the speaker and

microphone won't work.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 6:16 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Shnok

Thanks for the additional details.

How long have you had this issue? Has there been any damage to the phone? What software version is on the phone?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shnok

I've had this issue for a few weeks now. There is no apparent damage to

the phone. My system version is 24.13.2.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US. My

Android version is 4.4.4. My baseband version is

MSM8960PRO_BP_23255.132.81.00R. My kernel version is 3.4.42-gdb5a4c6

hudsoncm@ilclbld32 #1.

I did notice some similar problems to mine on a different droid phone

within the forum that suggested to fix it by removing the battery for 15

seconds and restarting it, but I am unable to do that without taking my

phone apart.

Also, I would prefer to receive responses quicker than every other day.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Shnok,

I appreciate the additional details. I apologize for the delay in our response. We work diligently to answer all our customer's post.

It looks like you have all the current software version. Have you check the headphone jack to see if there is anything stuck inside? Some times if anything gets inside it can cause issue with the audio. If there is nothing inside the next step would be to perform a hard reset http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-103915/.

If the issue continues after the hard reset we may need to replace the device. If the device is under warranty we can replace at no cost as long as there is no damage to the phone. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes