Stay awake...Doesn't stay awake
MissLaura

Under Settings -> Applications -> Development -> There is an option "Stay Awake".  I have selected this countless times and it will not keep this setting.  I selected it last night and now today it is un-checked again.  I have never had this issue on my past Motorola Droid devices.  Anyone know what is up with it losing this setting? 

I like keeping the backlight on while it is on charge at night because it also serves as a "nightlight".

0 Likes
Re: Stay awake...Doesn't stay awake
Wildman
Legend

Are you plugged into a pc when you charge it at night because this option is for the debugging option and only stays on when plugged into a pc? A wall charger wont keep the device awake.

0 Likes
MissLaura

It will not work for either.  My Droid X would keep this setting and stay awake even when connected to the wall charger.  My BIONIC will not even keep the setting.  When I go back into it, it is not un-checked.

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Wildman wrote:

Are you plugged into a pc when you charge it at night because this option is for the debugging option and only stays on when plugged into a pc? A wall charger wont keep the device awake.

Are you sure...that is, have you tried?

I have Screen Timeout set for 2 minutes and "Stay Awake" checked and the screen does in fact stay on indefinitely when connected to a wall charger.

And when disconnected from the wall charger the screen goes dark after 2 minutes.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, it usually works regardless of the power source as long as it's plugged in (wall, pc, or car charger).  You can try one of the stay awake widgets from the market like https://market.android.com/details?id=net.leppoc.android.dashboard

0 Likes