Re: Still no 2.2 update in NC?
bftrask

Poe, 

I believe I'm having the same issue. However, instead of an e-mail telling me I had received the update, I got a text msg from VZW. 

Spoke with customer service and they said I just had to wait...

0 Likes
Grayson

I still  haven't received 2.2 yet either, I am in NYC. I was in a VZN store over the weekend getting headphones and asked the manager when everyone would receive 2.2. She said I should receive it by NOVEMBER at the latest. She explained it will take several months for all INC owners to receive the OTA  because their are so  many phones to update - the phone on display at the store had it and it looks cool. She said that even if you buy a new INC right now, chances are it will come with 2.1 not froyo. So hold tight, it may take a while.

Be well,

Gray

0 Likes
ghamden

Do yourself a favor

this is the full update it does a better job than the OTA

make sure and backup contacts and needed files this will put your phone back  like new from Verizon this does not root your phone nor do you have to be rooted this is the official Full 2.2. update from Google

1.  Download the update.zip file from . (DIRECT FROM GOOGLE.)
2.  Drop the file on the root of your SD card.  (Meaning, don’t put it in any folder.)

*MAKE SURE IT’S NAMED UPDATE.ZIP!

3.  Turn your phone off.
4.  Press and hold the Volume Down and Power at the same time to boot into HBOOT.
5.  When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
6.  Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
7.  When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
8.  Using the volume button, scroll down to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
9.  Your phone will now update!
10.  It could take some time, so be patient.  When it reboots, you are on official 2.2.

0 Likes
ghamden

if you don't see the extention .zip  just name it update some computers hide the file extention

either way it should only be named update.zip    == not update.zip.zip

0 Likes
kmanrath

I live in kentucky and still haven't received it yet either....I wish we could download it through wi-fi instead of waiting for Verizon to feel up to giving it out.

0 Likes
poe_diddley

my bad. i mean to say they sent me a text. it basically just said that the update had been sent to my phone (which it had not), and gave an address for a web page that described the new features of the update.

i must say i think it's kinda crappy that all the droid 1 owners i know already have 2.2, and there are a LOT more droids in the wild than there are Incredibles, i don't care what anyone says. so them saying that it will be "by november" because there are SO MANY of them sounds like **bleep** to me. im just saying...

0 Likes
poe_diddley

if i manually update it what will happen when they finally do try to send me the OTA one? conflicts or will it be ok?

0 Likes
poe_diddley

i still don't have it. got a text saying it was sent to me but it wasn't.

talked to tech support and they did the standard check this and that, and then i was told that a notification would appear at some point, and it was implied that i had missed it. this was not the case-i was sitting at dinner when the text came thru, and no notification to download anything ever came up. that was 9 days ago...
4 days ago i was told it would be pushed out to me at "some point".

today i read about the droid x owners being able to download the update themselves without having to wait for it, and it really makes me wonder what's up.........

0 Likes
MrDew
It won't affect you at all if you manual update. They won't send you 2.2 ota cause you'll have it the link is official and no it shouldn't delete anything I have yet to hear someone whose things got deleted doing the manual update. Also you will still get updates from Verizon.
0 Likes
poe_diddley

ok verizon. i  give up on waiting for you or htc or whoever's fault it is that i still don't have the 2.2 update on my phone. i'm tired of calling customer service and having them make me check the same basic stuff i already know to check to see if i've been sent the update, then being told i'll get it at "some point". not acceptable.

especially not acceptable now that droid x users can update themselves and dont' have to wait for it to be sent. what's up with that? who's decision was that? how bout some consistency on these updates? i realize all phones can't get the update at the same time, but i've been waiting over a month to get this update, with the only sign that i might get it being some text message that said i had been sent the update but i never got it. now droid x owners can just update whenever they please. why is that ok? why is the update available thru google's site and can be downloaded by anyone who wants to take the risk of doing it themselves, but i can't get verizon to send it me in any sort of timely manner? how can verizon blame htc or even try to say it's not up to them when we get it?

i'm really experiencing what's wrong with the android platform all together right now. fragmentation. many different versions of OS's scattered across how many different phones? none of them able to update to the new version in any kind of method or order that makes sense or is fair to the purchaser. i honestly don't care what software version i'm on, but knowing an update exists and i can't get it unless i do it myself?

why?

0 Likes