Swapping phones
Red98
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am new to Verizon and the CDMA network.  With my prior carrier (GSM) I could just swap my sim card between phones and I was good to go.  What is the process of moving my phone number to other phones and then back.  Are there any other considerations, limitations etc

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Swapping phones
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Red98,

Welcome to Verizon Wireless!  Verizon provides simple solutions for making account changes, such as changing devices.  I would like to go over a couple of options with you.

Depending on the type of device you currently have activated, if swapping from a basic phone to another basic phone or smartphone to another smartphone that does not require a plan or feature change, you can simply power off the active device, and from the device wishing to activate dial *228.  When you hear the Verizon Wireless programming prompt, you select Option 1 to Program.

Another way to switch devices is through your "My Verizon" online services.  You would just navigate to www.verizonwireless.com from your computer, log into your account, and select the option under the "Device" section "Activate or Switch Device".

One last option you have available to you would be to contact our toll free Customer Service department at 800-922-0204.  Just ensure you are not calling from neither the currently active device, nor the device wishing to activate.  They would be happy to process the change for you.

Hope this answers your questions and any concerns!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Red98,

Welcome to Verizon Wireless!  Verizon provides simple solutions for making account changes, such as changing devices.  I would like to go over a couple of options with you.

Depending on the type of device you currently have activated, if swapping from a basic phone to another basic phone or smartphone to another smartphone that does not require a plan or feature change, you can simply power off the active device, and from the device wishing to activate dial *228.  When you hear the Verizon Wireless programming prompt, you select Option 1 to Program.

Another way to switch devices is through your "My Verizon" online services.  You would just navigate to www.verizonwireless.com from your computer, log into your account, and select the option under the "Device" section "Activate or Switch Device".

One last option you have available to you would be to contact our toll free Customer Service department at 800-922-0204.  Just ensure you are not calling from neither the currently active device, nor the device wishing to activate.  They would be happy to process the change for you.

Hope this answers your questions and any concerns!

0 Likes
Soulchaser
Enthusiast - Level 3

So since this was posted in the Charge forum....its safe to say that you do have a Charge.  Verizon's 4G sim cards can be simply inserted into any other Verizon based 4G phone (Thunderbolt, Revolution) and back to the Charge. All of your phone information is stored the same as GSM SIMS and can easily be swapped from phone to phone once the phone is powered back on it will automatically activate the new phone with your SIM

0 Likes
Red98
Enthusiast - Level 3
1 of the phones is a charge the other 1 is a fascinate. Obviously 4 g and 3g. What problems does this cause?
0 Likes
Soulchaser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well there is a HUGE issue as in the Fascinate is not a 4G based phone and has no SIM card slot. So it won't work at all.

0 Likes
Red98
Enthusiast - Level 3
Wow that's disappointing. Thanks for the reply.
0 Likes