Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Switching to an old Basic phone for a week.... will I lose my unlimited data plan?
kristie_b1

I have a Droid Incredible. It sold on ebay sooner than anticipated. So I need to activate my old LG EnV until Jan 7th when I can upgrade to a new phone (because the Incredible will get shipped out first thing in the morning to my buyer, and I'll still need a phone for those 5 days in between!)

The LG EnV is not a smartphone. It does not require a data plan. Will my data plan get cancelled when I enable this phone? I have an unlimited data plan that I was grandfathered into. I don't want to lose it. When I get my Galaxy Nexus I plan to take advantage of my data plan!!! lol

0 Likes
Re: Switching to an old Basic phone for a week.... will I lose my unlimited data plan?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You should be able to use a feature phone for less than 14 days. Then when you get the new smartphone, you will need to call customer service and request the unlimited data plan back. This is all according to previous posts by the wireless employees on this community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Switching to an old Basic phone for a week.... will I lose my unlimited data plan?
demmo86rt
Leader
Leader

Speaking from personal experience, my wife's Droid had become unuseable at one point and we had to activate an old dumbphone for her while waiting for the replacement. I posed the question several times about the unlimited data and the rep on the phone made a note on my account. After we got the replacement, the unlimited data was back on, and I had a reference just in case.

0 Likes