Re: Tethering Motorola Droid - Not
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

j35u5fr34k wrote:

They give away the 3G hotspot for free on my wife's Palm Pre.

That's because they couldn't get people to buy the Palms and HAD to in order to move the phones. 

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

PJNC284 wrote:

That's because they couldn't get people to buy the Palms and HAD to in order to move the phones. 

Well, it works great; I got one.

0 Likes
aaronc

What is sad is that the IPhone announcement (or at-least the news) made a major point that the IPhone would come with the tethering option, which is not available (yet) on other carriers with IPhones

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I am sorry the Iphone-4 does not come with tethering capabilities.

I would like to add, if you are looking for data connectivity on the go for your laptop or other wi-fi capable devices, our 3G Mobile Hotspot feature is the perfect solution for you. For $20.00 per month, you can use your iphone-4 as its own Wi-Fi hotspot and connect up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to it without the use of wires or cables. The 3G Mobile Hotspot feature, which is only available on select devices, includes 2 gigabytes/2,048 megabytes (MB) of data usage for Internet access, sending/receiving e-mails and uploading/downloading files. Each additional MB over the 2,048 MB allowance is billed at $.05.

You can add this feature and remove this feature at any time and has no effect on the term of your Customer Agreement. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
doncron

I have a Motorola Droid and am paying for the $20 a month mobile plan. It seems that the wired tethering only works for Windows7 and Windows Vista (unfortunately I was trying to tether to a Windows XP machine). I'm trying to find out whether or not my device can be used as a mobile hotspot and if so, are there the same restrictions as to what PC operating systems can tether wirelessly. If I can't tether with a ire (I could with my old LG phone) and I can't use my phone as a mobile hotspot, then I'm paying $20 for nothing. By the way, if I can use my phone as a mobile hot spot, then how do I do it? Once I've activated the hotspot will my PC recognize it?  I know I need the PIN from the MiFi to connect. Is there something similar for connecting to my phone? I've tried going through all the Device manuals and help screens here and nothing seems to address any of this.

0 Likes
Bkatebird08

Verizon is horrible horrible HORRIBLE  I pray my company switches to sprint, they have unlimited plans that truly are EVERYTHING u can use just about any phone for internet and its like 5 bucks a month and my calls with verizon get dropped almost every call. I have had an issue with every phone with in a couple of months and no one helps all they do is make you reset phone and give a used refuberish screen.... ummm just paid for new phone, doesn't work, u give me used one **bleep** is that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Bkatebird08 wrote:

Verizon is horrible horrible HORRIBLE  I pray my company switches to sprint, they have unlimited plans that truly are EVERYTHING u can use just about any phone for internet and its like 5 bucks a month and my calls with verizon get dropped almost every call. I have had an issue with every phone with in a couple of months and no one helps all they do is make you reset phone and give a used refuberish screen.... ummm just paid for new phone, doesn't work, u give me used one **bleep** is that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding?? It's $99.99 a month for the "everything" plan (on an individual line, $189.99 for family) compared to Verizon's $89.98 a month. Good luck paying "5 bucks a month" for unlimited.

0 Likes