Text Messaging cant delete contacts after deleteing messaging thread HELP
Jamieslove

Why can I not delete contacts in my text messaging even after I delete the thread. It shows that I have been texting those contacts with the date of Dec 31 1969 @ 7pm. Anybody haveing this problem or can you please help me. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Text Messaging cant delete contacts after deleteing messaging thread HELP
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a few others reporting this issue on this forum.  Various 'fixes' have been attempted, but no resolutions so far AFAIK.  This is the first one I've seen with a Bionic; there were other phones affected in the other threads that I saw.

0 Likes
gndhog

I have a Bionic and am having the same issue with no apparent resolve 😞

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

since we're not supposed to cross-post ... see if the last post in this thread helps any:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/899186#899186

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jamieslove,

I know how troubling those text reflecting an odd date and not completely deleting can be. We've only been able to locate one fix to this trouble and it always involves use of a 3rd party messaging app. Can you confirm if there is one in use? If so, please uninstall the application and go to the normal "Text" stock application. Erase all the text messages from here. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Text Messaging -> Clear data, Clear cache and then force close. Power the device off and then back on and check the "Text" stock application to verify text are gone. Then you may redownload the 3rd party application again. Please keep us posted to your experience.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gndhog

Didn't work. Smiley Sad

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes