Text message problem
hsy159

So while I'm texting, I realized that I do not receive all the messages from my friends. Although this doesn't happen very frequently, it gets annoying when it happens. How do I fix this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Text message problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi hsy159,

I use the Charge too, and I would not like it if I did not receive all the messages that come in. I understand how you must feel, and I'd like to help you. I would need to ask a couple of questions to get to the bottom of this for you.

Are all your sent messages going through?
Do you notice a pattern w/a certain number, certain carrier, or a certain area?

Please post back with any information. Thanks very much!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tlapostolo

I too am have same problem! My husband will text me or visa versa and he will not get texts or I'll text him and he doesn't get it. It has caused a lot of fights between us because he will think I'm not answering him or visa versa. This happens on a regular basis! We both have the Samsung Charge phone but when he had his Blackberry and I the Charge it would happen so I know it has something to do with the Samsung Charge phone.

0 Likes
Henry123

Same issue here.

I can see on MYVerizon that Verizon is receiving the messages but the message is not getting to my phone. It seems random. Occurs with receiving messages from different networks, not only Verizon

Have replace My Droid Charge with a new one and have had the SIM card replaced but still having the same issue.

0 Likes
bgleas

I am having the same problem and it is becomming more and more frequent.  At first I thought it was just one number, but I found out I have just not been receiving random texts from other people as well.

Also certain texts I send are not being received by others.

0 Likes
Mononica

I can't get ANY text messages from my brother, but he gets all of mine.  He is on Metro, but other Verizon users get text messages from him.

0 Likes
amrenees

I've also been having the same issue for the last 2 days. I'm not receiving any text messages but the ones I send are going through. I thought maybe it was just verizon service but my son's phone on my second line is sending and receiving just fine. Starting to get very aggravated!

0 Likes
ducttape
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my Samsung Charge. If there were any issues with texting I did not know it. Until recently. Now I am getting all the weird issues others are describing: texts not received, or received hours/days later, texts sent but not received by others, text failed to send but apparently was received. As I said, I did not have any issues that I was aware of until recently. I wonder if the most recent update is to blame. Speaking of which, almost all the problems the update was supposed to fix were not issues with my phone until AFTER the update. Lastly, verizon navigator $uck$, it has taken over the browser mapping and doesn't work. Again, this was not an issue before the update.

0 Likes
punkypoo1988

Same here. I don't receive all my messages or phone calls. Often my phone calls go straight to voice mail. And I get the interference on at least one phone call a day. Very frustrating. I'm on my 5th phone in one year.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bgleas, thank you for sharing your issue as well. When other people send you text messages, do they receive any errors that it was not sent? Is this happening with numbers from a certain carrier? Try clearing your text threads and also clearing cache from messaging. Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Messaging, Clear data/cache. Let me know your results.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes