Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Text message stuck on loading screen
rrvaca

My Droid Incredible refuses to load my text messages. I click on someone's name to read the text and it just stays on the loading screen. I have tried taking out the battery and restarting the phone. Nothing works.

0 Likes
Re: Text message stuck on loading screen
HawaiiBKC
Novice

How many text messages do you have in that specific thread?

How many people do you text?

You may have too many texts to open it.

0 Likes
sherilynn81

that makes sense but how do you delete them if they won't load??

0 Likes
ErinO

I installed Handcent, a free app from the play store, and it was a functional text interface when the built-in app wasn't loading. It has an easy batch delete mode if you have texts you need to keep in a long thread where you don't want to delete the entire thread at once.

Siobhan719

Thanks for the Handcent mention.  Much easier solution than dealing with Verizon.

0 Likes