Text messaging with handscent
Droidxgurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay...  I'm confused!  So I found the handscent app,  which I like, okay...  But now I am getting duplicate texts, one from handscent and one from the main texting program or wherever its coming from.  How do I fix this?

BTW...  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my droid X!!  Can't wait for flash.  Wait, let me re-phrase that.  I CAN wait.  Just excited! LOL

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messaging with handscent
Droidxgurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

basspro wrote:

Click on Messaging app> Menu button> Messaging settings> text messaging>  make sure that "notifications" is not checked. Done!

BTW, it will show a grayed out checkmark, but that is OK. As long as the checkmark is not green.

Thanks so much!!!  DUH, didn't even think about going there!! 

Thanks again!

:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
xDCx00seven

I havent got my droid x yet (still waiting on the shipping date) but i just fixed this on my girlfriends droid 2 you just have to turn off the stock mms system end it just like killing an app with your factory task manager hers was android 2.2 i dont know if theres much of a difference or i would try to tell you step by step

0 Likes
xDCx00seven

oops i meant to put sms text system

0 Likes
DroidXluv

I have the same thing going but cant seem to find the setting to disable the stock sms system. It's not in the settings as far as I can see. It is annoying. Happy with my Droid X too! Need that 2.2 though. I think the phone is still buggy as it is now.

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Click on Messaging app> Menu button> Messaging settings> text messaging>  make sure that "notifications" is not checked. Done!

BTW, it will show a grayed out checkmark, but that is OK. As long as the checkmark is not green.

0 Likes
Droidxgurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

basspro wrote:

Thanks so much!!!  DUH, didn't even think about going there!! 

Thanks again!

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes