Text problems for my not-so-INCREDIBLE..
hrenshaw0128

I'm seventeen years old and my family has an unlimited call/text/data plan. For the past week and a half, I have not been able to receive or send text/picture messages or receive voicemail messages. I installed the reccommended "hotfix" and restarted my phone three times, but have still not made any headway with the issue. I've gone to every forum about updates, texting, and problems for the INCREDIBLE, and have still found no solution for my problem. Everyone else's phone in my house works perfectly fine.

I'm sorry, but I am sick of Verizon. Navigating the website is way too complicated. I have to set up an account and give away my personal email adress for a company I no longer like OR trust just to speak with an actual person. I would have called, but I don't like dealing with automated vocal responses that sound like they were designed by intrusive three year olds. I just want to know what I need do to, how much time I need to spend out of my day, and how much money I need to shell out of MY pocket from the funds I make at my part-time, minimum-wage job, to be able to get a service that my family OVER pays for every month. Come on.

If I don't get a PRIVATE and PERSONALIZED message within the next three days, my family, and the three businesses my parents own, will HAPPILY switch to another carrier. I promise.

This is absolute idiocy. Congradulations, Verizon, you provide something that no other phone company does: a cellular service provider run by primates. Very. Good. Job.

0 Likes
Re: Text problems for my not-so-INCREDIBLE..
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

There aren't going to be any troubleshooting steps on the website. Call customer service.

I understand you're frustrated about not receiving text messages and all, and taht you're paying for it, but the network is not perfect. Also, the incredible and the incredible 2 are problematic devices. Hate to say it, but research research research before you buy. The quality control on the incredible seemed to be lower than normal for htc. Sorry man.

On the other side of things, why are you gonna make your family switch to a different carrier because only your phone isn't working? You'll be 18 soon, and you can get your own plan on whichever carrier you choose.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please explain what fixes that you have done?

Have you dialed *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the Verizon Wireless network?

Checked with the account owner (parent) to see if they haven't blocked your ability to have text messages?

Is your phone updated to the latest version of the operating system? There was a bug in the Android operating system in versions older than Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello hrenshaw0128,

Texting is one of the most common forms of communications in today’s society. I can certainly see the value in having text messages working at all times! Hopefully, you will reconsider canceling your parents' service as we can partner together and resolve your messaging issues. I have a few questions to ask you in order to get clarification on the issue. What software version do you have on your Droid Incredible? Are you getting any error message(s) when trying to send or receive a text? What city and state are you located in? Below are a few troubleshooting steps for you to try on the device.

• Check to ensure that you have the current software on your device.
  • Remove any unused apps from the device to free up device memory.
  • Delete your signature on your device if you have one.
  • Remove any 3rd party messaging apps.
  • Erase long threaded text messages from the text inbox.
  • Perform a factory reset on the device. (See link below)

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=30946

If you decide to perform a factory reset then it is encouraged to back up your contacts and calendar entries. Backup Assistant is an excellent app to store your contacts and calendar entries can be saved on your Gmail account. Also, be sure to save all of your music, pictures, and videos on a memory card prior to the reset. Once the device has been reset to it's factory state, there is a brief tutorial on how to reactivate and setup the device. After the completion of this tutorial, please test all voice, data, and text services. If you have any additional questions or concerns then feel free to reply to this message.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes