This Ice Cream Sandwich is frozen solid... not in a good way...
idyotako
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I got the ICS update OTA a couple of hours ago and I already ran into a myriad of issues.

First, the update was still going after over 2 hours, which from what I heard from other folks, isn't normal. Battery pull fixed it (seemingly).

Next, Gallery and Music is having problems loading any of my files (yes, even ones I just took with the camera after the update). It constantly force-closes on me.

Also, Smart Dock pretty much went dumb on me as it won't even go to the clock at all (after selecting Bedside) and just force-closes.

Additionally, it seems the battery consumption is extremely fast, even with an extended battery (went from full to 60% in just over an hour). Even while charging, it has difficulty getting to full charge.

So right now, I'm not too happy with the update. I'm hoping the phone fixes itself by the time I wake up tomorrow, but I don't think that'll happen. I guess the only saving grace is the fact I'm overseas and not really using the phone to make calls, coz who knows what other issues I'd run into.

It's just like what someone said in another post... be careful what you wish for... you just might get it. >.>

0 Likes
Re: This Ice Cream Sandwich is frozen solid... not in a good way...
spkay31
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried pulling it on my Bionic but i'm seeing 'No update available', guess not all customers have access at this point.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Updates are done in a rolling fashion, so they are pushed to customers' phones in waves.  It can sometimes take a few weeks before everyone has it pushed to their phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

idyotako wrote:

It's just like what someone said in another post... be careful what you wish for... you just might get it. >.>

That was me.     Sometimes what people think is supposed to be a much-anticipated improvement, isn't, whether it be cell phone OS or whatever.

Have you tried backing everything up and doing a factory reset?  I've heard that that clears out old OS settings and alleviates some issues when moving to a new OS.

0 Likes
idyotako
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm actually weary out doing the factory reset since i have a lot of apps on my phone that i could lose. But i might get to the point where i may not have any choice. =(

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
WhyWhyWhyWhy

Same issue here.  Music and Photos are intact on the SD card.  I can access them via Windows Explorer on my PC.  However, the phone can't seem to find them.  The music app and gallery just hang.  My docks aren't working either and my alarm clock app force closes.  This upgrade is more like a downgrade.  Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not good at all.  Other than a factory reset, I'm out of suggestions, I'm afraid.

0 Likes
Not applicable

tikibar1 wrote:

idyotako wrote:

That was me.     Sometimes what people think is supposed to be a much-anticipated improvement, isn't, whether it be cell phone OS or whatever.

Have you tried backing everything up and doing a factory reset?  I've heard that that clears out old OS settings and alleviates some issues when moving to a new OS.

I was dubious about ICS being much of an improvement for my Lucid, but I was wrong. I like it. I like being able to at least disable any of the pre-installed apps since you can't remove them. I like the data usage app and the ability to turn off mobile data is need be. I find it to be a worthwhile improvement at least for me.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Brian68 wrote:

tikibar1 wrote:

idyotako wrote:

I was dubious about ICS being much of an improvement for my Lucid, but I was wrong. I like it. I like being able to at least disable any of the pre-installed apps since you can't remove them. I like the data usage app and the ability to turn off mobile data is need be. I find it to be a worthwhile improvement at least for me.

Thanks for the feedback.  I've already got a data usage app on my phone from the Play Store, and I can turn mobile data on/off whenever I want.  Where I'm coming from is ... LOTS of people have had issues with their Bionics and supposedly the ICS update will address those issues (mainly related to data drops).  I've not had any of those issues, thankfully.  Several people are reporting issues after installing ICS that they didn't have before the installation.  Makes me wary, ya know?  That's why right now I'm like, if it aint' broke, don't fix it!

0 Likes
phnrprman

I have the same issue with pics and music, but that was fixed overnight. I dont know how that happened. Now my only issue is the battery drain and slow to charge up. Does anyone know how to fix that issue? I hope and wish it will fix itself but I doubt it. Its slow to charge even while on AC power let alone plugged into USB.

0 Likes