Transfer Address Book from Droid to Droid X
dodge55

Is there an easy way to do this.  Like connect USB to Droid.  Copy address book file to desktop.  Copy file from Desktop to Droid X.  Are the 2 file systems the same?  Are the folders the same?

Sutton

0 Likes
Re: Transfer Address Book from Droid to Droid X
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

is your address book google contacts? or phone contacts?

google contacts will be imported when you add your gmail address to the phone

you can do phone contacts with backup assistant.

for manual, export contact to the sd card, copy backup files to the pc, copy to sd card on new phone, and import

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The original Motorola Droid didn't support the use of Backup Assistant.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Just log into you Google Account and the contacts information should sync automatically, also I would stay away from Backup Assistance because it usually causes havic  Google backups contact inforation better in my opinion.

0 Likes
spanky4350
Contributor - Level 1

Wildman wrote:

Just log into you Google Account and the contacts information should sync automatically, also I would stay away from Backup Assistance because it usually causes havic  Google backups contact inforation better in my opinion.

I have back up assistant on my phone but have never needed to use it. I have also read that backup assistant is not the best. With that said, can you be more specific on how to use Google to back up contacts? I have all my email addresses through Google but none of of my contacts are in there. How do I backup all my contacts with Google? Or are my contacts already automatically being backed up with Google? I know to get rid of backup assistant I need to reset the phone and not select it but haven't done that yet.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Well when you log into Google email through the gMail app on your device all your contacts should be automatically copied into Google email account, are you using the gMiail app or did you set your email through messaging app because you have to use the gMail app for this to function, then all should backup automatically and update phone any time you make any changes to contact information.

0 Likes
spanky4350
Contributor - Level 1

Wildman wrote:

Well when you log into Google email through the gMail app on your device all your contacts should be automatically copied into Google email account, are you using the gMiail app or did you set your email through messaging app because you have to use the gMail app for this to function, then all should backup automatically and update phone any time you make any changes to contact information.

I click on the stock gmail app that is on the phone, not sure what or how to get email through the messaging app? My gmail is always logged on so I never have to log in. I know when I log into my gmail on a pc I only see my email addresses and not my phone contacts. Am I missing something?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
not sure where you heard neg comments about ba as i've used it for years and it works flawlessly both ways, whether entering something into the phone or making an entry into contacts in myverizon.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

bearone21 wrote:
not sure where you heard neg comments about ba as i've used it for years and it works flawlessly both ways, whether entering something into the phone or making an entry into contacts in myverizon.

You are a lucky sole but BA has been nothing but headaches for a large amount of users, read a number of forums... Even Verizon acknowledge it has issues.

Here is a example: 

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Droid-X-Every-time-I-send-a-text-AND-Backup-Assistan...

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Turning-off-Backup-Assistant/m-p/363070#M17435

spanky4350 wrote:

Wildman wrote:

I click on the stock gmail app that is on the phone, not sure what or how to get email through the messaging app? My gmail is always logged on so I never have to log in. I know when I log into my gmail on a pc I only see my email addresses and not my phone contacts. Am I missing something?

All you have to do is open app and input user name which is email address and password, you use the same information that you use when you log into web version.....  Once you log into this app all contact information will automatically transfer to Google account.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
i wasn't aware of problems and will thank my lucky stars.
0 Likes