Transfer Contact Info and Turn Off Intro
unimatrix001

I just upgrade to the Droid 2 from a really old Motorola V330. First time smartphone user. I am still explore the myriad of features.

I have three questions...

1. Is there away to transfer my contact information from the V330 to the Droid without going through the store sales rep? I thought I could swap out the memory cards but they are two different types/sizes. Maybe via Bluetooth? I thought about accomplishing this through my iMac but it will not recognize the Droid 2 via USB. Another thought...could I copy the information from one card to another using my iMacs and two different types of USB card readers?

2. With my V330, I always thought it took way to long to turn on and cycle through the startup windows. It is fine if they want to have an initial window that says Motorola but to have a second one the plays off Mr Moto was too much. With the Droid 2, when you turn on the phone, it announces the word "DRIOD." Is there a way to disable this function?

3. I notice when I access certain features, the phone emits a short vibration (e.g. using the the touch screen lock). Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfer Contact Info and Turn Off Intro
TestMan
Enthusiast - Level 3

1. Since you do have an older Motorola it is not capable of backup assistant, which is a free app from Verizon Wireless that seamlessly lets you back up your contacts and transfer them. The upside of not have a backup assistant phone, you are able to go to the store and transfer your contacts for free.

2. There is no way to disable the Droid function that is within the manufacture warranty.

3. Yes there is a way to shut of the vibrating feedback, instruction as follows; menu, settings, sounds, uncheck haptic feedback

I hoped this helped

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TestMan
Enthusiast - Level 3

1. Since you do have an older Motorola it is not capable of backup assistant, which is a free app from Verizon Wireless that seamlessly lets you back up your contacts and transfer them. The upside of not have a backup assistant phone, you are able to go to the store and transfer your contacts for free.

2. There is no way to disable the Droid function that is within the manufacture warranty.

3. Yes there is a way to shut of the vibrating feedback, instruction as follows; menu, settings, sounds, uncheck haptic feedback

I hoped this helped

0 Likes
unimatrix001

Thanks for responding.

I  uncheck haptic feedback but it does not seem to be working. And maybe there are two different issues here.

When you press any of the four function keys at the bottom of the device (e.g. Menu, Home, Back, Search key) or swipe right to unlock, the device does a small vibration. Is it possible to turn that feature off?

0 Likes