Transfer of photos to PC is nearly impossible. HELP
WYODAWG

I purchased my DROID X at the begining of Jaunary. I still can not email, upload or share my photos by any means. VCAST Manager has been absolutely useless. Love all the APPS the DROID X can run but fustrated with the lack of user friendly apsects to simple tasks such as video management.

ANY suggestions? (and please don't refer me to the VCAST MANGER website.....)

0 Likes
Re: Transfer of photos to PC is nearly impossible. HELP
Wildman
Legend

I really never seen any use for VCAST MANGER anyway, what type of errors are you getting when you attempt to send files? Maybe the account you are using to send the files restricts outgoing mail, check all email accounts settings because a number of ISP requires a curtain port to send files.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

WYODAWG wrote:

I purchased my DROID X at the begining of Jaunary. I still can not email, upload or share my photos by any means. VCAST Manager has been absolutely useless. Love all the APPS the DROID X can run but fustrated with the lack of user friendly apsects to simple tasks such as video management.

ANY suggestions? (and please don't refer me to the VCAST MANGER website.....)

When you attach your DROID X to your computer via the USB cable, are you not able to see your phone mounted as a hard drive on your computer. Just open the folder with the photos, select them and copy them to whichever folder you want them in on your computer.

I have found that just dragging and dropping files to/from your computer/phone is the easiest way to get files to/from the DROID X.

0 Likes
WYODAWG

Thank you.

I thought the same thing. That is how I transfer most of my pictures from other cameras. Yes, I can see the MOTOROLA as a drive, however I can not open it to search for folders and/or pictures.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

WYODAWG wrote:

Thank you.

I thought the same thing. That is how I transfer most of my pictures from other cameras. Yes, I can see the MOTOROLA as a drive, however I can not open it to search for folders and/or pictures.

Actually, the "Motorola" you see in your computer is not the SD card. Do any other drive letters show up when you attach via USB, usually a few seconds after "Motorola" shows up? This is the SD card. At least that is how my X shows up on my computer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

My mistake but thoughr they reported that they was tring to upload the files to share the files.  This would only help if they want to move them to pc but this wont upload them to a file sharing area.

When you plug device in when you pull down menu you will see "USB Connection" option and this will show a popup and select Mass Storage from list.

medium.png+medium1.png

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Wildman wrote:

They reported that they was tring to upload the files to share the files.  This would only help if they want to move them to pc but this wont upload them to a file sharing area.

Actually, they said that they could not "upload OR share by ANY MEANS", and I am just pointing out 1 method of uploading files.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

No problem, I just was thinking that I must have misunderstood what they meant... 

0 Likes
a-zuandme

I have the Droid X connected by USB port to my computer, but when I open the Motorola file, all I see are foldes of the different apps and one that says albums. The albums folder is empty, but on the phone in GALLERY I see many photos. I want to transfer them to my computer.

0 Likes
a-zuandme

Okay, I finally found the photos in a folder marked .dcim

0 Likes