Trouble adding Yahoo! email account. Error: Login to the account failed, please try again.
JMcGill12

I have read several discussions about this topic. I have tried manual set up, deleting the account multiple times and nothing works. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Trouble adding Yahoo! email account. Error: Login to the account failed, please try again.
catzndogz22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you get this resolved? I've had the same problem since yesterday morning and STILL can't get back into my yahoo mail account. I tried EVERYTHING other users have suggested and nothing worked. I just spent an hour on the phone with their support team and we ultimately did a full factory reset. Even THAT didn't work. In the meantime, the factory reset caused me to lose all my pictures. The support person assured me my pictures would be fine. Feel like throwing the phone against the side of a brick building right now and then running it over a couple times with my F250.

0 Likes
Re: Trouble adding Yahoo! email account. Error: Login to the account failed, please try again.
JMcGill12

Unfortunately, no I have not resolved this issue. It is making me mad! I have tried other users suggestions, and read forums on this, nothing works. If you find a way please, let me know and I will do the same for you!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Now I can't speak to Catnzdogs's results of it not working after a FR ... That indeed is strange.

But I would try doing the following, as it really sounds like you have an Invalid userid & password "cached" that is giving you that error ..  So try this:

- Go into Settings / Applications / Manage Applications, Click on the ALL Tab

- Scroll down to  EMAIL (you may have as many as 4 of them > EMAIL, EMAIL ACCOUNTS, EMAIL AUTHENTICATOR, EMAIL ENGINE)

- Select each 1 of them & click on Clear Data & Clear Cache for each

- exit out of the settings

- Launch your email App - it SHOULD prompt you for your login info & password - make sure you enter it correctly the 1st time, else it will save the bad information in cache again.

Let us know what happens & what specific error msg you get, if any.  good luck

0 Likes
catzndogz22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is back up now. I didn't do anything special, just tried logging in again. The connection failed once while it was pulling up emails, so I powered down, powered up and logged in again. Seems to be okay now.

0 Likes
breck10

I just received my new Droid X2...I never had any problems loading yahoo on the old one, but I can't on this one.  I too get the same error.  I don't want to download the app because it constantly is running and burns the battery.  Clearing the cache didn't help me.  Any other ideas?

0 Likes
catzndogz22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Make sure you submit a help ticket (or whatever they call it) with Verizon. Mine crashed again this morning and I can't log back in. I tried Cody21's suggestion and it didn't help. Aside from that, I know I entered the correct password. I think it's a wider Verizon issue and not phone specific.

0 Likes
h82paint

I tried the steps you sugested, only EMAIL AUTHENTICATOR had data the others were empty and greyed out.

I know the username and password are correct. I dont have an EMAIL Accounts node.

Droid X , trying to configure YahooMail. Worked no issues, on my last smart phone.....which wasnt so waterproof

Login fails

Now I too have tried the reset to factory settings, had to re activate the phone and reset up gmail.....still no luck on Yahoo.

Wtf? Is there something up withthe character set it's using? The password I am passing isnt that complicated....

0 Likes
Bhamgurl

Same issue with both of our droid x's... Check settings and clear cache... Login failed and yet the yahoo mail app works..!!! grrr verizon... Fix this

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I had this issue months ago and it sounds like Yahoo may be updating their servers again, this is normal when they do this...  There isn't anything that can be done until they complete their work.

Have you tried the Tahoo application from market to see if it works?

0 Likes