Trying to boot in to safe mode, phone will just reboot.
------

Hi.

I'm trying to boot my Incredible into Safe Mode, because I'm having trouble with my sound. I can't hear speakerphone, ringtones, button presses etc. So I'm trying to boot into Safe mode. I press the buttons (down volume, Menu, circular button) when I get to the second logo screen. I get to the screen with the big red dot eyball thing, with the other 2 dots moving around it. the dots move, the phone vibrates, and the phone goes back to the second logo screen again. Process repeats. Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I have phone problems.

Also, if you have any suggestions for fixing my sound, that's cool too. I have the volumes turned up, but no sound. I can hear ok when talking to people on the phone, or listening through headphones.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to boot in to safe mode, phone will just reboot.
Wildman
Legend

Sounds like you have a issue with software that is causing a bootloop, I would backup and hard rest the device

0 Likes
Re: Trying to boot in to safe mode, phone will just reboot.
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

------ wrote:

Hi.

I'm trying to boot my Incredible into Safe Mode, because I'm having trouble with my sound. I can't hear speakerphone, ringtones, button presses etc. So I'm trying to boot into Safe mode. I press the buttons (down volume, Menu, circular button) when I get to the second logo screen. I get to the screen with the big red dot eyball thing, with the other 2 dots moving around it. the dots move, the phone vibrates, and the phone goes back to the second logo screen again. Process repeats. Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I have phone problems.

Also, if you have any suggestions for fixing my sound, that's cool too. I have the volumes turned up, but no sound. I can hear ok when talking to people on the phone, or listening through headphones.

Thanks for the assist and great suggestion, Wildman! I'm here to help as well! If this issue is still a problem, please let us know!

0 Likes