Unable to configure SMTP outgoing email on hosted web account; Host blames DroidX bug?
daveyd

Hi, 

I am transitioning from a Curve to a DroidX and have ran into difficulty configuring the outgoing mail on a small hosted server I use.  The web host has a beta solution but blames a bug in the Droid's email client for the problem.  Can anyone verify this?  

I tried using K9 and still ran into problems so I'm a bit suspicious that the client is the problem.

Thanks, 

Dave

0 Likes
Re: Unable to configure SMTP outgoing email on hosted web account; Host blames DroidX bug?
Wildman
Legend

A number of ISp have the outgoing server for mobile email clients to use a specific port, you may want to contact your ISP and verify your server information.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to configure SMTP outgoing email on hosted web account; Host blames DroidX bug?
daveyd

I checked with the webhost.  The port number is 25.  I also tried several other port numbers.  

0 Likes
jensen525

I got different setting advise from verizon store, verizon online and from charter.  all said something different.  I eventually got it to work using the regular pop.charter.net for incoming and smtp.charterinternet.com for outgoing.  No secure connection...  no verification certificate...  and the port is 25.  I have a droidX also.

0 Likes