Unable to upgrade to GB
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everytime I try to update to GB on my Droid X I get an error saying "Check for upgrade is currently unavaiable" I am running 2.3.340.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to upgrade to GB
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally got the OTA update. I had to do a factory reset.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2
2.3.3 is the update? Are you running a leaked version? If so you need to return your phone to stock 2.2 to get the official upgrade just mote it doesn't play well on tampered devices
0 Likes
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

hallcp1019 wrote:
2.3.3 is the update? Are you running a leaked version? If so you need to return your phone to stock 2.2 to get the official upgrade just mote it doesn't play well on tampered devices

According to http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_x.html the current version of the software is 4.5.596. When I wrote the version it wasnt the android OS version. My adroid OS version is 2.2.1, I got this phone in march and I havent tampered anything with the phone.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2
Hmm how's your connection maybe widow would allow it to access the update and if you can't resolve ityou mind need to take it to a Verizon tech store or at the least call tech support through another line and see if they can walk you through a solution
0 Likes
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

hallcp1019 wrote:
Hmm how's your connection maybe widow would allow it to access the update and if you can't resolve ityou mind need to take it to a Verizon tech store or at the least call tech support through another line and see if they can walk you through a solution

When I tried for the update over wireless it just keeps spinning check for update over 3G even when I am outside I get the error immediately. Probably will call tech support to see if they can help me get the update.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2
That's why I suggested wifi not sure why but sometimes it works like that I had use wifi to update my evo nut my x worked fine over 3g
0 Likes
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

hallcp1019 wrote:
That's why I suggested wifi not sure why but sometimes it works like that I had use wifi to update my evo nut my x worked fine over 3g

Thanks for the help. I guess I have to call verizon tech support as the nearest store is like 30 mins away.

0 Likes
bharath23
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

hallcp1019 wrote:

Version 2.3.340 is 2.2.1. Froyo and the update for 2.3.3 GB is version 4.5.596, just thought I point this out this isnt a leak build...

bharath23 wrote:

This usually happens after some apps are installed but the official app hasnt been identified for all users...

0 Likes