Unknown Notification Sound
ATRear

We just got back from an international trip and my phone "lost" its default noticifaction sounds until I went through the library of Google Play and deleted a few things. They returned but the notification sound that plays for a recieved text does not seem to be in the default notification sound list and plays even when I set up the notification sound to "None". The strange notification sound plays even in Safe Mode. May I ask what is happening with my phone?

0 Likes
Re: Unknown Notification Sound
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ATRear, We understand the importance of making sure your notification sounds are working properly. Thanks for reaching out to us here today. What make/model phone do you have? Did your phone do any type of update between the time of the trip and the time you got home from the trip?

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ATRear

I found the separate setting for text messages to fix the notificatio

sound. I'm still concerned that the default sounds disappeared at all

though. There was no update done. There was a moment where the phone (Droid

Ultra) alerted that it didn't have enough storage due to too many pictures.

I deleted the extraneous albums and music and the gallery did a "I have to

refresh to temporary storage" alert but that was nearly a week prior to the

sounds disappearing.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 5:18 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update. It is certainly odd that this setting changed. Please let us know if it happens again.

EstebanP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes