Upgrading
mort78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is a bit tricky on grandfathering unlimited data. I wanted the HTC Rezound, however, it did not "fit my plan". Only a few select few did this inorder for me to maintain my unlimited data. I have never, so far, gone over a 2 GB data, so I feel fairly safe in switching to the 2 GB data plan. However, to make sure that I don't, I want to remove one of my Emails. There lies the problem. I opened up my account and I can not see it. I see my Gmail account and my Hotmail account. I do not see my Roadrunner account, yet it is there. How do I make it visible in order to delete it from my cell phone? All my junk mail goes to that account, so I really don't need it on my cell phone. Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

...did you try to do this online?  in store? over the phone?  In any case, I've been able to do things online that I could not do over the phone or in store.  likewise, I've been unable to do things online that I easily did over the phone talking to customer service rep.

In any case, as far as I know - any customer with a 29.99 unlimited data plan as of 7/2011 would be grandfathered in and able to /upgrade to new phones.  Customers upgrading to smartphones fromfeature phones after 7/2011 would not be eligible.  Grandfathering is also per line, notper account as far as I know.

What model phone are you currently using?  And to clarify, are you currently paying 29.99 for unliminited data?

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading
mort78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did it on line. I find that you get a better deal on line. My current phone is a Droid X. I am on a family plan and pay 29.99 per phone (59.98). My second phone is the R2D2 version of the Droid 2. As I said, it really doesn't matter costwise, as I never go over 2 GB. It's more the principal of the thing when Verizon says one thing and does another. Sort of makes me grumble a bit, but I am a Verizon fan and do not plan to switch. Don't know another server that can match them.

0 Likes