Verizon Backup+ Media
jimmdandy

My phone keeps trying to run Backup+ Media. Its annoying in that I have no interest in backing up my phone to Verizon Wireless and doubly so in that it Crashes twice in a row at least once a day. Is there anyway to disable this app on my phone? I have gone into Accounts & sync and nothing under Backup Assistant Plus is selected and also logged into my Verizon Wireless account and verified that nothing is selected under the Backup+ Media options.

Thank you for any Assistance,

John

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Backup+ Media
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try going to Manage Apps > All

on Backup Assistant, tap Force Stop

on Backup Assistant+ Contacts, tap Force Stop

on Backup+ Media, tap Force Stop, then Disable (it will drop to the end of your app list should you need to enable it)

on Sync Service, tap Force Stop, then Disable (it will drop to the end of your app list should you need to enable it)

0 Likes
jimmdandy

Is Sync Service just for Verizon or would that affect my Google sync as well? I couldn't find the the author of the app and certainly don't want to disable all syncing.

Thank you,

John

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

AFAIK, Sync Service only affects Backup Assistant.  An alternative to disabling it is to Clear Data and Clear Cache and then Force Stop.

I forgot to mention in the earlier post to Clear Data before the Force Stop on those apps.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Backup Media
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jimmdandy,

Agreed! I would be annoyed as well if my device was not working properly. It's important to have phone that functions correctly.Let's get this fixed. Go to settings>applications>manage applications>all>backup assistant> clear data>clear cache. You can also remove feature from your account. Sign into MyVerizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc > Add/Remove features> remove Backup Assistant Plus.  Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes