Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon signal extender purchased---can't get my droid x to connect
jmose3025

I installed a Verizon signal extender but can't get my droid x to connect to it.  I've rebooted, and done the *228 reprogram.  Wife's Iphone hooked immediately and works well but not the droid x. Same performance as before. Any ideas of what the problem is?  It's so hard to get anyone on the phone for verizon customer service so I'm trying here first.  Called Motorola and they, of course, said it was a Verizon problem---that took only 22 minutes.  Spent the money and still without service---dropped calls and the entire routine of weak signal which was why the signal extender was recommended.  This is my second droid x, but I don't think there will be a third.  And I'm not a former Nextel customer.  We were ATT until last year. 

Message was edited by: Jim Moseley

0 Likes
Re: Verizon signal extender purchased---can't get my droid x to connect
felickz

my droid x barely stays connected to my wifi router.. id say get rid of the droidx / motorolla

0 Likes
Re: Verizon signal extender purchased---can't get my droid x to connect
Not applicable

Good Afternoon jmose3025,

The network extender is an excellent option to boost indoor signal in a specific home or building! I'm so sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your Droid X. What specific problems are you having with your connection? Once the network extender is connected and running, you should be able to connect your handset as soon as you launch a data session or make a call.

Were you able to register the device with the network extender? Did you ensure the GPS antenna was connected? I have attached a great troubleshooting guide below for your reference.

http://bit.ly/yokrq2

I hope this information has been helpful.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes