Voice Command Question
Wildman
Legend

Today I went to use my voice command to look up a contact and not shortly after that I went to navigate to a location on Google Navigation  by voice, when all the sudden my brain clicked and I was wondering if there was any sound reason for them to install so many different voice commands on one device, wouldnt it make since to have just one that does it all, I noticed that one seems to understand commands better than others and this is kind of crazy having multiple voice commands apps running all the time..

Its not a issue but I was wondering if someone can enlighten me on the logic?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice Command Question
Wildman
Legend

After I posted this, I believe I figured out Verizons and Motorolas logic....... Since the voice command that completes the navigation and Voice to text actions through a web base application that has to retrieve information from web to complete request that at times may not be possible, the standard voice command application is a software based action that will allow you to access the contacts information that is saved on device... It is still a unique way to configure a device but in a way it has some logic. :smileysurprised:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Hmm...I never gave it much thought.  If the voice commands built in with maps/nav/browser is a google thing, is the main shell voice commands a MOTO thing or Verizon thing? 

One seems to be used for system commands and the other for converting voice to text as an alternate input method.  Seems to be 2 different things.

You imply that the voice commands are running concurrently, is that true?  I would hope it would need to be triggered in order to be activated.

Dj.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

After I posted this, I believe I figured out Verizons and Motorolas logic....... Since the voice command that completes the navigation and Voice to text actions through a web base application that has to retrieve information from web to complete request that at times may not be possible, the standard voice command application is a software based action that will allow you to access the contacts information that is saved on device... It is still a unique way to configure a device but in a way it has some logic. :smileysurprised:

0 Likes