Voice mail and text message issues
dcamp200

For some unknow reason I am not getting notification of voice mails. My phone shows I have none, but when I check i have new voice messages. Also, my phone stopped receiving text messages altogether. I can send them, but cannot receive them. I cleared out my text message strings and also cleared out the cache, so there is plenty of available memory. Also did a few soft resets to no avail.

I have not made any recent changes or downloads to the phone. Problems started about a week ago. I'm baffled.

Any ideas?

David

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail and text message issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to reprogram the phone to the Verizon Wireless network?  Dial *228, option 1.  You won't lose anything, but it will reset your connection to the network and hopefully clear the issue.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail and text message issues
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello dcamp200,

I certainly understand the frustration that can be caused by notifications not working properly.  I apologize for the delayed response but would like to work with you to make sure that you have consistent service.  Notifications can be adjusted directly through the Voice Mail system.  Once logged into your Voice Mail press 4 for personal options and then 1 for either Notifications On/Off or Message Waiting Indicator On/Off.  If this feature has been turned off you will be directly prompted to turn it On.  Here is a link to the Voice Mail Roadmapfor a visual guide.  Your SMS concerns could also relate to the message waiting indicator not working.  I can check the specific account and network settings to confirm the services are setup properly.  Please feel free to send me a direct message with your name and cell number.  I would be happy to find a resolution to your concerns.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes