WHY ALL THE FREEZING?
debfox442
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Droid is freezing all the time!  It started with text messages, and now it's freezing with Facebook, and Gmail.  I thought it was just a problem with one text that happened earlier in the week, but now it's happening all the time, and so frustrating!  I can't do anything anymore!  I tried rebooting it several times, but that didn't do anything.  PLEASE VERIZON HELP!  Obviously other people are having the same problem too, so it's becoming an issue to everyone!  How do you fix this problem!  Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WHY ALL THE FREEZING?
debfox442
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I thought that uninstalling the wallpaper app fixed the problem, but it did not!  UGHHH!  I found another search on here, and this "so far" THIS seemed to fix the problem! I have no idea how to run in "safe mode" either.  If anyone reads this, try this:  Go into Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>All>Multi-touch Keyboard; then tap 'Clear Data'. After I did this, I was able to send a text without it freezing after 2 words! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Try booting in Safe Mode and see if the freezing ends. Safe Mode blocks all apps that have been added. So if the freezing ends, it is an app that is causing the issue.

Also if you have not done so, try emptying your email folders and your old text messages if you keep them

0 Likes
debfox442
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I thought that uninstalling the wallpaper app fixed the problem, but it did not!  UGHHH!  I found another search on here, and this "so far" THIS seemed to fix the problem! I have no idea how to run in "safe mode" either.  If anyone reads this, try this:  Go into Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>All>Multi-touch Keyboard; then tap 'Clear Data'. After I did this, I was able to send a text without it freezing after 2 words! Smiley Happy

0 Likes