What, if anything, can be done?
Squeekers

I've had the Droid Charge since coming to Verizon from Sprint last December.  It has the horrible sound in the earpiece like a lot of other people who own the Charge describe.  The recent OTA update did absolutely nothing to fix it.  I know that the Verizon warranty is long since past, but what about the Samsung warranty?  Will they replace the phone with another one?  Even possibly a different Samsung phone, like a Stratosphere or Illusion  --  *anything* that has an earpiece speaker that makes it possible to understand what the person on the other end is saying?  Or are my only two choices to live with the problem for another 15 months or tell Verizon to stuff it and go back to Sprint?  To say that I'm a bit disillusioned by this phone would be a complete understatement.  Paying $600+ for a new phone is totally out of the question.  A $350 ETF would be half the price. 

Suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: What, if anything, can be done?
Squeekers

I went to a Verizon Corp. store yesterday to see about the problem I (and many others) am having with this phone.  They gave me a phone number (866-406-5154) to call.  They told me that it is Verizon's warranty department.  I was told by the guy at the store that they would send me out a replacement phone overnight.  I plan on calling today, but before I do, has anyone here had any dealings with calling this number and what were the results?  Positive?  Negative?  I just really don''t much like let downs.

0 Likes
2greeneyez

Hi I also have nothing but problems with my droid charge, i am on my 5th replacement. The problem is you pay for a new phone but when it messes up because of the phone they just send you a refurbished phone. Not a new one. Like i said i am on my 5th charge and still nothing but problems, when i take a picture my phone goes black and i literally have to take out the battery and restart it. Since i have been with verizon i have had nothing but problems with my phones, there service is great but the phones are not so great.

0 Likes
CBenz

Hello. I have had 3 total phones. the original i bought "new". then they replaced it 2x with "like new" bs referb crap. I have the chirp/squak in my earpiece. it happens on spkr or off spkr phone. also the 3g-4g goes in an out even thought i am in a great 4g network. bottom line.... they wanna send me another refurb OR put me in a droid Bionic or samsung Stratusphere. here is the best (worst) part. THEY BOTH WOULD BE REFURB!!!!!!!!!!! gimmie a freakin break!!! i paid $250 in june 2011 for this thing. i know prices are lower cause phones are better but verizon's customer CARELESS people really need to look at what they are doing for on time paying, loyal standing customers. plus i don't even get real mad or anything on the phone with them... maybe i should lol

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Squeekers!  I want to make sure your experience with our service is nothing but positive.  You mentioned you’re having problems with the earpiece audio; is this only when using the device up to the ear directly?  In other words, does the audio problem occur when using speakerphone, headsets or Bluetooth?  Have you tried removing & reinserting the battery?  http://bit.ly/KiHZoT  Please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Squeekers

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hello Squeekers!  I want to make sure your experience with our service is nothing but positive.  You mentioned you’re having problems with the earpiece audio; is this only when using the device up to the ear directly?  In other words, does the audio problem occur when using speakerphone, headsets or Bluetooth?  Have you tried removing & reinserting the battery?  http://bit.ly/KiHZoT  Please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

It is *only* the earpiece audio.  It sounds like a blown out speaker.  But the really strange thing about it is that it doesn't do it on all calls.  But when it does do it, (and there is no rhyme nor reason to it) it's next to impossible to understand what the person on the other end is saying.  Yes, I've tried removing and replacing the battery, more than once in fact. It made absolutely no difference whatsoever. 

Frankly, I would like the phone replaced, but NOT with another Droid Charge.  I've already had 2 of them and they both had this exact same problem.  Plus, if you have read many of the posts on this and other forums, you will have noticed that I am not the only person that has had this same problem with the Charge. 

0 Likes
Squeekers

Anyone have an opinion on the Motorola Droid Bionic?  Good?  Bad?  I've been looking online at this phone as a replacement, just in case I have to pay full price for a decent replacement  phone.

0 Likes