What is happening with Godaddy smtpout.secureserver.net and the Droid Incredible?
Gary7101

This is an insane issue, with neither Godaddy or Verizon stepping up to resolve. I just purchased a new HTC Incredible, and added my email account from Godaddy.

All incoming mail works fine, but absolutely can't send anything. I've gone through support at Godaddy - they can only provide the settings for their servers -- and searched the forums for resolution, but nothing is working!

port 25, 80 3535 for the smtpout.secureserver.net simply will not authenticate. I've removed and added username and password countless times, selected and deselected require signin, but to no avail.

This is way more of a problem than I ever expected. My Blackberry had no problems like this, and didn't even have to be manually set up!

I could use any advice anyone has at this point as none of the support examples are working.

Did I make a mistake with HTC Incredible??

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is up with Godaddy smtpout.secureserver.net and Droid Incredible?????
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

I have reviewed the issue with your outgoing Godaddy account and provided a possible fix below:

Try the following:

Outgoing - SMTP server: smtpout.secureserver.net
Port: 80
Security Type: None

Check the box for: Require sign-in

Require sign-in
Type your email in for Username and the login password for password

Or

For security try:

Security : SSL - All certificates
Security: SSL (not all certs) <--- because 80 is a secure port

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

I have reviewed the issue with your outgoing Godaddy account and provided a possible fix below:

Try the following:

Outgoing - SMTP server: smtpout.secureserver.net
Port: 80
Security Type: None

Check the box for: Require sign-in

Require sign-in
Type your email in for Username and the login password for password

Or

For security try:

Security : SSL - All certificates
Security: SSL (not all certs) <--- because 80 is a secure port

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
dbard169
Enthusiast - Level 1

this has been not resolved by either Verizon or GoDaddy - unacceptable!  Can one of you folks at Verizon make good on this?

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

dbard169 wrote:

this has been not resolved by either Verizon or GoDaddy - unacceptable!  Can one of you folks at Verizon make good on this?

What makes you think this hasn't been resolved?  The OP started this thread in AUGUST 2010.  Are you also having problems?  Sounds like an operator malfunction.

FYI, I recommend you remove your phone number from your profile where we all can see it.

0 Likes
n8inthwild
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm actually having this exact problem now and would love some help from "someone in the know."  Email was funcioning just fine and suddenly stopped working two days ago.  Nothing that I was aware of changed.

HELP.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

http://community.vzw.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=Node%3ADROIDIncre...

the search function in this forum is actually very usefull. this is the link to other threads on the same topic. also, i believe if you look in the iphone4 and other android device forums (droid X, etc) you will find that godaddy email accounts have caused issues for many users.

0 Likes
n8inthwild
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I'll use the search function in the future it that is how the forum works.  I am aware of the issues you speak of and document.  I'm more in search of solutions, rather than seeking evidence that there is a problem.  Hope that helps in understanding my intention behind posting.

AZSALUKI
Legend

i was just hoping that one of those threads in that link had an actual solution for you. no solution yet?

0 Likes
dbard169
Enthusiast - Level 1

besides the one guy who responded on march 6th, who doubted me and made some kind of odd/vailed comment about my phone number being available to the public ...... just give a call to verizon and/or godaddy and see if they've got an answer for you...........and enjoy your hour on the phone..........maybe even stop in a store and really confuse the crap out of one of the sales people..........they won't be able to help you.........but I believe I will....keep reading....

look....both companies are generally very good with their tech and customer support, but this particular issue has not been resolved by either of them and for what we pay on a monthly basis, i'd hope that, give the relatively common combined use of these platforms/companies, they would give it a better effort...........at the same time, i accpet this as part of using technology...

now for the good stuff.........i cannot take credit for this solution, but after some digging, i was able to find someone who really chased it down and after weeks of not being able to send godaddy emails from my droid incredible, it worked immediately..

make sure you've their standard server sets in place and then login to your godaddy email management control center, preferrably via your computer, and then click on the email address you want to use with your htc droid incredible....take note of the "relays" section..........if it says n/a or 0, just change it back to 250 and they try sending emails from your mobile...you should be good to go........don't ask me how.........or why............but everyone that had same issue i had............it worked immediately.....aloha

[edited for courtesy]

n8inthwild
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried everything noted here, there, and everywhere.  I'm sad and need to see a therapist.  No one is helping at either Go Daddy or Verizon.  Pointing fingers at eachother.  I've quadruple checked everything.  I've deleted and then re entered data multiple times. I can access email just fine on computer with exact same settings.  None of my other emails have this issue on the HTC Incredible.  I am unsure of what to do. 

0 Likes