What's going on with the messaging?!?
jrw04

I keep getting a messaging has stopped message on some contacts with and without media. This has been happening every time an update is issued.  I have tried resending messages on the network as well as on my own wifi, still the same error message. Beginning to get a bit frustrated. There is no number to call for support and the chat is always UNAVAILABLE.

0 Likes
Re: What's going on with the messaging?!?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jrw04 lets get the those messages flowing and the frustration level down! We apologize for the trouble connecting with our Support Team http://vz.to/1hZj5dj , but we're here to help! What zip code are you locating in? Are you using the pre-installed messaging app or a 3rd party? Are you able to receive messages?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jrw04

Thanks for your reply.  The zip code is 30909 I can send and receive text n only messages, no media text

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information jrw04! Do you receive different results when you use a different messaging application? Try navigating to Settings>Apps>Select the messaging app>Clear Data/Cache>Power off/on>Test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

jrw04

I don't have that option. I am getting ready to pay my bill, my cycle does not kick in until the 6th and I am traveling. I just hope the issue with this phone is resolved. It is bad enough it does not keep a charge ( internal battery), I would at least like to be able to receive my pic messages and I have not exceeded my messaging limits. This has been an issue before even when les that 50 of my data was in use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to see the issue resolved, JRW04! There is a slight tweak to the instructions provided Settings > Apps > Manage Apps > All ( tab ) > Messaging > Clear Data / Cache. I hope clarifying these instructions help clear up the concerns. Before you complete this I typically suggest clearing current text messaging threads.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
marg294ever
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry to pipe in, But I am having the same problem.  I have followed the directions you laid out the 1st time. and it did not make a difference.  I am in Settings>Apps>there is no Manage Apps.  What to do then.

I did the last software update and now either don't get messages from people (yet they think I do), or if there are pictures attached sometimes I get them sometimes I don't.  And I get "Unfortunately messaging has stopped" error and it shuts down the messaging. 

I have been happy till now, this is a major issue in the new update and the fix needs to be made quickly.

0 Likes
cherrys1986

I'm having this issue as well.  I can't even open or view anything without it coming up.  I've tried all the suggestions and nothing.  Nothing on my phone has changed prior to this starting other than the update...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for trying, marg294ever!
Did you follow the steps listed here http://vz.to/1uxWlb6 to clear the cache?
Keep in mind MMS requires a cellular data connection to send with stock messaging application.
Does this only occur when wifi and cellular data are turned on and wifi is actively connected? 
If wifi is turned off and cellular data is on does the MMS send without any problems?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
marg294ever
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did all that you suggested, I also called support.  I backed up my phone to "the Verizon Cloud" and I did a factory reset on my phone.  It still happened.  So I did another Factory reset and this time told it NOT to download anything that was previously on my phone like I did the first time.  Still happened.  So I did a reset 1 last time.  It still is doing it.  It does not matter if I am connected to WiFi or just my 4g, Mostly it happens on multi-person messages or picture messaging.  there are times I don't receive messages, in fact I just found out I never received a important message yesterday.  When speaking to support (who was suppose to call me back on Thursday 6/5 at 2:30pm and to date has not returned my call)  said this is an on going problem that only comes up with some of the updates, (I guess, this was my turn) very annoying and I (WE)  really need a fix on this.  What should I do next???   Margaret

0 Likes