Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
When I use the voice dialer with my Bluetooth to make a phone call, all it does is open a message.
JerryRL

When I use the voice dialer with my Bluetooth to make a phone call on my Droid X2, all it does is open a message.

Occasionally it gets it right, but much more often than not,it defaults to "opening message".  I've tried a different Bluetooth, same result. Anyone have a solution?  Driving in a state with a hands free law also this drives me nuts.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: When I use the voice dialer with my Bluetooth to make a phone call, all it does is open a message.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi JerryRL,

I'd love to help you with your Bluetooth concerns! I know it's necessary to use your phone with a hands free headset when driving in some areas. I would first like you to try un-pairing any devices from your handset, and then re-pairing and trying again. I would also like to ask if you have tried a wired headset? Does it work with a wired headset or is the issue just with the bluetooth headset? Please try the troubleshooting step I provided and let me know how it works out!

Thanks,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: When I use the voice dialer with my Bluetooth to make a phone call, all it does is open a message.
JerryRL

Hi Christina

Thanks for the offer to help, appreciate it.

I have a couple of older Bluetooth devices listed and they show as paired but not connected. How do I un-pair them or delete?

I have never tried a wired device.

I hope this is the information you need. Thanks.

Jerry

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Re: When I use the voice dialer with my Bluetooth to make a phone call, all it does is open a message."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/903141#903141

0 Likes