When will droid be available online??
helibird

Hello all,

counting the days until it's available.  I'm thinking that I'll try to get it online.  Hate mail in rebates and the local Best Buy seems kind **bleep** when I called them plus I'm assuming I'd have to pay sales tax .   Anyone know what time that the phones will become available online?

0 Likes
Re: When will droid be available online??
Kyon14

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread, but didnt think this question warranted a new thread. Along with his question, I was wondering if I order online, can I choose instore pick up and avoid rebate and all that hassle?

0 Likes
nurmia
Enthusiast - Level 3

i read in one of the threads to try the website on Friday the 6th right after midnight .if i'm not mistaken... told "holla " at me if i'm wrong...but that's what i read they were told by cs

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately, it does not look like Verizon is going to allow pre-orders of the phone (for Friday delivery). If you are OK waiting for delivery till Monday, you will save the tax on $100 of the purchase price, and not have to deal with the rebate.

Best Buy is a great option if your contract is fully up... but not if you need an early upgrade.

I don't think there is an option for in-store pickup. It would be a great option if available. Check online at midnight on Friday morning.

0 Likes
helibird

I'm going to be mtn biking in the middle of nowhere all weekend so I don't mind waiting until monday. Plus my contract isn't fully up but the website says I can get one after 12 months at the discounted price.   Assuming verizon probably goes on EST so I guess I'll start checking around 10:00 thursday (MTN time).

Anyone have expierence with other phones about when they became avaialble on the website??

0 Likes
techspert
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
2pt5RS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kyon14 wrote:

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread, but didnt think this question warranted a new thread. Along with his question, I was wondering if I order online, can I choose instore pick up and avoid rebate and all that hassle?

I highly doubt that you will be able to do that on launch day. If the reports are true, stores are getting a limited amount of phones, and people will more than likely be standing in line waiting to get them. It has already been confirmed that some stores are opening early on friday to accommodate for the customers who want this device.

Can you even buy online still and opt to pick up in store? Typically by doing that, you have to pay in store since you are taking from their stock and not the warehouse.

0 Likes