Where do I begin!!!! (Major Forceclose on system functions)
Southerneagle

Where do I even begin to start!  My Droid Incredible 2  was purchased July 15th 2011,  worked outstanding for two weeks, had my account suspended due to deployment.  I've been using it strictly WiFi for texting apps,  I downloaded Skype so I could make video calls,  I can make voice calls, but still no videos!   Now the phone has trouble syncing with my Google account,  it's force closing when I click on random apps,  text messaging,  the center icon for the main phone force closes!  PLEASE SOLVE THIS ISSUE!!  Due to my phone not syncing with my google account,  my textfree app can't sync with contacts so all I get is their call back number instead of a name!  This is really annoying and is making me second guess buying this paperweight!!! Come on Verizon step it up!  or I will go back to Sprint!  At least they don't charge for Data or mins!

Following are Force close systems

1) Phone -  The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again 

2) Messages - The application VZMessages (process com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs) has stopped unexpectantly

3) Settings/Accounts & Sync - I have a warning error that says "Synch is currently experiencing problems.  It wil be back shortly

4) People (contacts) - The application People (process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again

5) Pretty much anything that requires syncronozation with Google and my google account is force closing!

Please fix!!!

0 Likes
Re: Where do I begin!!!! (Major Forceclose on system functions)
Southerneagle

Wow, really Verizon I wrote this legitimate problem a few days a go,  I kept going back to see if I had a solution on how to fix it, and All other posts around me have been discussed!!!    I had to search on a non verizon website on how to Hard factory reset, so I spent the better half last night redownloading all my apps one by one over this slow low bandwidth internet connection!  I just found out Straighttalk has an Android Samsung Galaxy phone for $148 and they offer unlimited EVERYTHING for $45 a month!  I'm so close to throwing my phone away calling it quits with yall and taking my money elsewhere!   THANKS FOR NOTHING!!  

0 Likes
MostlyALurker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just an FYI. this is not a tech support forum. It is a peer-to-peer forum, and while VZW employees moderate and occaationally chime in with advice or solutions, you might not find a fix unless someone else has the same problem, or opens your post out of interest. Did you search the forum to see if anyone else is having similar problems?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The steps for a hard (factory) reset should be buried somewhere in this customer community forum.

BTW, you posted your question less than 48 hours before you posted your reply/solution.

To be honest, I am not sure if I could have suggested anything else, but a factory reset. Perhaps if you could have logged into your Google account from a different source like a computer, that might have helped refresh the Google login.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Southerneagle wrote:

Wow, really Verizon I wrote this legitimate problem a few days a go,  I kept going back to see if I had a solution on how to fix it, and All other posts around me have been discussed!!!    I had to search on a non verizon website on how to Hard factory reset, so I spent the better half last night redownloading all my apps one by one over this slow low bandwidth internet connection!  I just found out Straighttalk has an Android Samsung Galaxy phone for $148 and they offer unlimited EVERYTHING for $45 a month!  I'm so close to throwing my phone away calling it quits with yall and taking my money elsewhere!   THANKS FOR NOTHING!!  

Thanks for posting Southerneagle!

So sorry you were experiencing problems with your DROID Incredible 2!  We, definitely, don't want you to have a bad experience or even have to consider leaving Verizon Wireless!  I am here to assist.

Hopefully you were able to resolve the issue with the hard reset, however, for future reference you can try clearing data and cache of the affected applications.  This usually solves issues of this sort.

I trust I have addressed your concerns, and thanks for being a part of the Verizon Wireless Family!

0 Likes