Why does it take an hour or more for a new voice mail notification to appear?
IthacaMike

On my HTC Incredible, I get text messages instantly, and emails arrive as soon as the local app polls the server.  All as it should be.

However, it routinely takes at least an hour after someone leaves a voice mail message for me before the new message notification shows up on my phone.  Why?  Shouldn't the notification be relatively instantaneous?

This isn't a new problem.  In fact, historically on various phones in our family plan, the notifications have taken up to a day!  While a one-hour delay may be seen as an improvement, it certainly isn't satisfactory.

(This occurs regardless of location; I work from a home office with a cell tower in line of sight less than 1/2 mile away.)

0 Likes
Re: Why does it take an hour or more for a new voice mail notification to appear?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Regular voicemail or Visual Voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why does it take an hour or more for a new voice mail notification to appear?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting notifications late is definitely not how service should work for you IthacaMike. Let's get this resolved so you can get those messages right away. I had your phone and enjoyed using it. My notifications came instantly for voice mail so it may be an issue within the settings of the phone. Are you using visual voicemail? Is your software up to date. I want you to check the software on your phone. You may need to have this updated. I would also check your voice mail notification settings via your voice mail. I also recommend updating your phone to the towers periodically by dialing *228, send, option #2. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes