Will no longer hold charge. Keyboard will not print in text window. Will not place a phone call.
Jer679E

I received my DX2 in November of 2011, It worked fine until January of 2013. With the occasional lock up texting. However since January it will not place a call regularly. It gets as far as the green phone to complete call and will not go further. Try a reboot and still won't.Have taken most of the added apps out. I have to shut off facebook when through or it now runs my battery out in two hours of non use. The battery will not stay charged more than four hours of standby time. I have kept the weather on all the time past and present. The battery used to last eight to ten hours of regular use, not even close to that now. Is there any thing I can do to it or must I travel to the Verizon Wireless Center a touch over an hour away to get it looked at? Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will no longer hold charge. Keyboard will not print in text window. Will not place a phone call.
tnschic

My Droidx is not keeping charge either? Is this a marketing thing so I have to get a new phone? Do the batteries just wear out, mine are over 2 years old?

0 Likes
Re: Will no longer hold charge. Keyboard will not print in text window. Will not place a phone call.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Jer679E!

Feel free to pull a u-turn because there's no need to travel anywhere for the support we can dish right here. Of course, I'm terribly sorry to learn of the device issues you've been experiencing, but I appreciate you getting in touch to let us know about what's been going on. So, let's fix it!

Now, I appreciate everything you've done troubleshooting wise since the problems began but let's try a different route. First, you cited this being a bit of a keyboard issue with locking up while text. To fix that, go to settings > applications > manage applications > all > multi-touch keyboard > clear data and force close. Go ahead and test things out. Next, let's talk about not being able to complete a call as well as your battery issues (because we want you staying in touch and not having to worry your phone is about to die). This could very well be in relation to an app you have installed. Try launching your device in safe mode http://vz.to/nXvveN . That will disable third party apps so we can better isolate the issue pending how you phone reacts when in safe mode. Please keep me updated on progress made. Thanks!

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes