With Droid 2 Global operating overseas in protected mode (data/voice roaming turned off) GPS does not seem to work?
spd4train

In several countries I have taken my Droid 2 Global phone to use primarily as a WiFi device.  I can down-load maps and save for areas I will be in.  However, I have not been able to get the GPS to work with the apps.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: With Droid 2 Global operating overseas in protected mode (data/voice roaming turned off) GPS does not seem to work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey spd4train!

A trip abroad sounds on point right about now. And while you're travelling, we want to make sure you stay on the map with your GPS. So, delve into this situation.

First, do you have all of your GPS features enabled? You can verify by going to settings > location & security > check all applicable boxes. Additionally, are you having these issues while hooked up to a Wi-Fi network? If out and about while trying to utilize the feature, you may not be within range of a Wi-Fi network. Also, any problems while here in the states? Looking forward to seeing how this works!

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: With Droid 2 Global operating overseas in protected mode (data/voice roaming turned off) GPS does not seem to work?
spd4train

no problems in US or Canada. not trying to use WiFi. I am trying to track along previously loaded maps. or simply to use an ap which normally displays my location in lat. long. and velocity. I believe gps is fully enabled, but I will confirm.

0 Likes