Worst service ever
ArmyO3

I have a Bionic and I am eligible for an upgrade on 14 May. As an officer in the Army my phone is not just for personnal use but also work. Verizon Wireless is unable to upgrade a device early. I am having the same issues as most other people have reported since the forced upgrade. I can pay $150 to cancel my contract but i cannot get a discounted price on a new phone. So I guess the best bet at this point would be to cancel my contract and turn arround and either go to a new provider or really show them how stupid this is and resign with verizon for less than the cost of a new phone. However since verizon does not value its customers the best option is probably to share my money with another provider and hope they know what customer service is.

0 Likes
Re: Worst service ever
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

If it's so important buy a phone full retail or go and do what you said.  They can't change the rules for one person, everyone has a reason as to why they should be the exception to the rule. 

0 Likes
ArmyO3

If we had the option of deciding to update our OS this would not be an issue. And you cant tell me that there is no way to upgrade a phone early especially when they are retaining buisness. Losing customers doesnt help them make money.

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

If they're telling you no, then there's no way.  Waiting 2 weeks won't kill anyone.  Everyone has a reason as to why the should have the policy work around them.

0 Likes
ArmyO3

Yeah I dont buy it. talking to the lowest person on a totem pole doesnt work. and yeah waiting two weeks wont kill me but then again the phone wont be there that long.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Everyone's phone is important to them and many people use their phone in their work.  You signed a contract and are subject to the same rules as the rest of us.  Sometimes you can find a store that will bend the rules, but usually not.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried the usual remedies for issues after an update?  Re-seated your SIM card, performed a system cache clear, tried a factory reset?

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Escalating a call won't help your case, it puts people in the defensive.  They're limited as to what they can do especially depending on the device you want, Apple products they won't do and newer Iconic ones they won't do either.

0 Likes
shankomatic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did signing a contract give them the right to install new software to turn your phone in to a slow antique?   These phones are like computers, you just can't install the latest and greatest operating system on a phone that doesn't have the CPU power to handle it.  My Bionic worked great until they started with the ICS update about 6 months ago, now with the JB update it is even worse.  The problems are being caused by VZW and Motorola.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Read the contract, they have the right. I may not agree with it but should be owner choice.  http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement

0 Likes