Yahoo email signing out ?
keithsm2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yahoo is my default mail and it keeps requesting me to sign in.....It doesnt seem to be remembering my password......anything I should be checking or looking for??

Thanks in Advance.

Keith

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo email signing out ?
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
My wife and I have the same problems on our charges and nobody from verizon has responded.
0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

keithsm2, I was really interested in this issue because yahoo email is one of the largest email clients we as customers use and I know how much of a convenience it would be to have it open without prompting you for a password. I show that customers have reported this as an issue and we have found different fixes that have worked for our customers until we find a permanent fix. 

1) Customers have had success by removing the Yahoo Mail from the account list by clicking settings-accounts -remove yahoo and then setting the email up by using a yahoo mail app from the market place. 

2) Customers have also added the Yahoo mail account as OTHER in the settings instead of 'YAHOO". To do this go to email, click menu, long press on yahoo email account, click add account add as OTHER (not yahoo) type in email and password. 

3) Also try setting the Yahoo Email as the first account within the email application instead of existing. 

0 Likes
keithsm2
Enthusiast - Level 3

hmmm....wow....really??    Cause what i have read says it was nothing to do with the phone or Verizon.....Strictly a Yahoo problem......So not sure any of those would fix it....It actually hasnt dont it in two days.....And i did NOTHING to fix it...

Thanks

ANyway

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Yahoo seems to have fixed the issue.
0 Likes