Re: Zagg Invisible Shield for Droid
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

Watch the youtube link - you can't hurt the screen on purpose.  No need to put something on it.

0 Likes
droid31

How does the invisible shield do with fingerprints on the screen?  Do they show easily?

0 Likes
traviz

Does the Zagg shield affect the camera at all?  I wasn't sure if the shield was applied over the lens or around the lens.

0 Likes
JakeSavage

I, too, have seen the YouTube video of the guy going to town on his Droid with car keys. The droid has a scratch-resistant glass screen just like the iPod and BlackBerry devices. Glass screens are a lot more scratch-resistant than plastic screens, which is what other mobile phones typically have. However, glass screens are NOT scratch-proof. They can be scratched by glass and sand. Case in point, I have a BlackBerry that my job provided me for work-related stuff. I put it in my pocket by itself...there was NOTHING else in the pocket. A little while later I noticed some scratches on the screen from tiny individual particles of sand or dirt that was among the pocket lint. I haven't been to the beach in years. It was only a few grains that I guess wound up there from the wind, who knows.

Then, later while I was out of town, I put the blackberry face-down on a wooden table while it charged overnight (I didn't want the screen to wake me up if it turned on). The next morning I noticed a bunch of scratches on the screen just from having it face down.

So, the droid screen is more resistant to scratches than a plastic screen, but it's not scratch proof. I ordered an invisible shield online (with a coupon code). It arrived yesterday in the mail. I'm going to my local mall where there's an invisible shield kiosk and have them install the shield for $10. The only thing I'm not sure about is the back of the phone. I ordered the full-body shield before i had the droid in-hand, so I didn't know that the phone already has a rubberized feel. I don't know if the invisible shield will stick to the back or if its even necessary. I definitely want to protect the screen and the metal edges, though.

0 Likes
Nexeo

I have one on my Droid and it's the best protector ever. No bulk, maximum scratch protection. I got the full-body protection, you can get it for 19.99$ using the coupon code PROTECT20 at Zagg.com

0 Likes
JakeSavage

Okay I just got back from the mall where I had the guys at the Invisible Shield kiosk install the full body shields we bought online for my Droid and my wife's new phone (not a Droid). Looks nice; can't wait for the curing process to complete. My only qualm about the full-body shield for the Droid is that it covers almost everything except for the center metal ridge that goes right around the center of the phone. It's hard to describe, but if you were to look at the phone in profile, it looks like there are three layers. The top and bottom layers are beveled, and the Invisible Shield covers those parts. It's the middle layer, which is the thickest part of the phone and the part that you actually grip when you handle the phone, that is unprotected.

0 Likes