Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
advice on family locator software w/Droid and LG Touch
droidmom

I (Mom) on a Droid (last year's version) need to track my son on his LG Touch. Is there any family tracking software that is compatible w/both phones? I tried the Verizon Family Locator app, but the salesperson in a Verizon store concluded that my 'older' Droid does not support this app. I'm worried that my Droid is too old for family locator software. Do I really need to upgrade to the latest Droid or an iPhone for this functionality? Also, does such an app support a cross-platform pair of phones? Make sense? Many thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: advice on family locator software w/Droid and LG Touch
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Look up "Verizon Family Locator" in the Android Market. It has a list of Android devices which are compatible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Which Droid do you have? "Last year's version" doesn't mean a whole lot.

Are you aware of the cost of this app? I believe that it is $9.99/month for your phone AND $9.99/month for your son's phone. If your son does not have a data plan on his phone, you will ALSO be paying for data to use the app on his phone at a rate of $1.99/MB.

I believe that this is also not a stealthy app, meaning that his phone makes him aware you are actually locating him at the time you attempt to find him. He can also get around you trying to locate him by just turning his phone off.

In my opinion, this is a VERY expensive proposition for a very limited/questionable return. Since he will know you are trying to keep tabs on him, he will most likely just turn his phone off if/when he goes somewhere you don't want him to be. Of course, it is your son and your decision. Just thought I would point out what this app would actually provide you in terms of functionality. In my opinion, it is a good idea, just not a very good implementation by Verizon at a very high price point.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Look up "Verizon Family Locator" in the Android Market. It has a list of Android devices which are compatible.

0 Likes