Re: android 2.2 Anyone else still waiting?
TOSLover

In a different thread I posted my chat with Motorola.  Long story short, they said the update is still going.  No talk of the rumored halting of the update.

0 Likes
samsig6
Waiting here in Wilmington NC
0 Likes
Showell

Still waiting in Michigan, however my daughter in law, son and daughter have all gotten theirs.  My daughter in law got hers this afternoon.

0 Likes
jstaszak

I get at 7:00am this morning in New Jersey. It was a little slow at first ,but no problems now Wife is still waiting for her upgrade

0 Likes
JamesBerthold

Still waiting in Northern NJ. My daughter got the upgrade last week

0 Likes
Firebrand
I don't have it yet either.
0 Likes
waytureal

i am still waiting. here's the chat i had prior to going to take a test about 2 hours ago.

[04:20:18 PM] Hi, my name is Reymer. How may I help you?
[04:20:28 PM] Justin Marshall: uhm... i need help with my Droid
[04:20:33 PM] Justin Marshall: i have the original droid
[04:20:40 PM] Reymer: Alright.
[04:20:42 PM] Justin Marshall: i've had it for... about a month
[04:20:52 PM] Justin Marshall: i got the OTA update to 2.2 today
[04:20:58 PM] Reymer: Okay.
[04:21:10 PM] Justin Marshall: i've seen the (tm)"M" for 5 hours now
[04:21:19 PM] Reymer: I am sorry to know that.
[04:21:26 PM] Reymer: Can you please take out the battery, return it after a few seconds and turn the phone back on? Let's try to see then if the phone is still doing the same thing.
[04:21:44 PM] Justin Marshall: i did that at the 2 hour mark and again about 1/2 an hour ago
[04:21:49 PM] Justin Marshall: same problem
[04:22:02 PM] Reymer: Can we do the manual reset?
[04:22:06 PM] Justin Marshall: how?
[04:22:13 PM] Reymer: Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device.

WARNING: When using this feature; everything is deleted. Nothing stored on the MicroSD will be affected.

Important Note: Your contact and email information is automatically backed up to the Gmail server. Your information will be restored when you login with your user name and a password.

[04:22:20 PM] Reymer: To Perform a Reset

Open the Applications Tray. (arrow pointing up located in the middle at the bottom of the display screen)
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
[04:22:31 PM] Justin Marshall: no
[04:22:39 PM] Justin Marshall: i cant get to where i can see a menu
[04:22:46 PM] Justin Marshall: or i would do that
[04:22:57 PM] Justin Marshall: the apps are whatever, and i have all my contacts backed up
[04:23:30 PM] Reymer: Sorry, here's how to do the manual reset:

To Manually Reset

If there are significant problems with your device or you are not able to follow the steps above please use the following process to manually reset the phone:

Turn off phone
Press Power key + "x" (on the hardware keyboard) to power on the phone and bring up the recovery screen.
Press Volume Up + Camera Key to show the recovery menu.
Select Wipe data/factory reset
Select Reboot Phone
[04:24:17 PM] Justin Marshall: any idea how long it takes? i have class in a few mins
[04:24:39 PM] Reymer: That should not take long. Less than 5 minutes.
[04:24:48 PM] Justin Marshall: alright
[04:25:12 PM] Justin Marshall: how long does the
Press Volume Up + Camera Key to show the recovery menu.
[04:25:15 PM] Justin Marshall: step take?
[04:25:28 PM] Reymer: Nothing shows up?
[04:25:26 PM] Justin Marshall: it doesnt seem to register me pressing the buttons
[04:25:46 PM] Justin Marshall: i got an "!" in a triangle with a phone beside it
[04:26:18 PM] Reymer: Just continue with the instructions.
[04:26:29 PM] Justin Marshall: nothing changes.
[04:26:34 PM] Justin Marshall: ill be back later.
[04:26:44 PM] Reymer: All Motorola phones and accessories have a standard one year warranty barring physical or liquid damage from the date of purchase.

[04:26:49 PM] Reymer: Since our basic troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue, I suggest that you send in your phone at our repair facility and have it evaluated by our repair technicians. If proven that it did not suffer physical or liquid damage, that will be repaired for free.

Let me just inform you of the repair time frame, it will be 5-7 business days from the date we receive your item before it will be sent back to you.
[04:26:55 PM] Reymer: I will be sending you another email containing the instructions on how to request for a repair service so if in case you decide to send your phone for repair, you can do this one immediately.
[04:27:01 PM] Reymer: Please check your spam, inbox, junk and other contents of your email within 30 minutes to verify if you have received the instructions already.
[04:27:07 PM] Reymer: Send the phone by itself, no accessories, covers, batteries, battery doors (unless tethered to the phone), SIM cards, memory card, etc.
[04:27:37 PM] 'Justin Marshall' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

0 Likes
Ladyg45
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still waiting in Philadelphia.

0 Likes
panther

Still waiting in Jackson, TN.

At least I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
DRHacker

HEY!!!!!!! I think it's starting to load in my Droid in Oregon....no.....wait..............well crap! Nope...still waiting in Oregon.

0 Likes